1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie - 91 engine in 95 chassis?

Discussion in 'Accord' started by mfskarphedin, Jul 21, 2010.

1. mfskarphedin

mfskarphedin New Member

I searched here, couldn't find the info. Couldn't understand 9/10 of it. My little brain hurts. :p Here's the basic info pertaining to my question that I posted at another more-general Accord site:

"My '91 has a good engine and bad body. I had asked about the worthiness of finding and transporting a car with a good body/bad engine, swapping the engine, etc. I was told by you guys it wasn't worth it. BUT, a '95 stick has turned up locally with supposedly a good body but needs a motor.

My question now is that with a local car, is this do-able, physically? I just looked up on Wiki, and they're not the same generation.

A tow would be about 60 miles (!) No clue how much that would cost, but it sounds really expensive. Any advice ASAP, before it's sold, would be greatly appreciated!

It's Best Offer, too. How much would you think it's worth approx? I'm in southern NH, USA."
    My car is a 1991 Honda Accord LX, 5-speed, 2.2L, 4-dr. I don't know the engine...type? number? because I don't know where to look for it. A photo would help.

I don't know if the 95's an ex, lx, dx. I can contact him, but for now I'd assume the ever-popular LX.

Here's the info I did manage to find here
    :

1990-1993 F22A1 2156cc
    1990-1991 F22A4 2156cc
    1991-1993 F22A6 2156cc

1994-1997 EX F22B1 2156cc
    1994-1997 DX/LX F22B2 2156cc

Question: is it possible any of these are swappable? I should be able to get the exact engine numbers, if there's that much of a difference. If anyone knows it's just out of the question right off the bat, I won't bother.

Thanks for any help!

Kristen

2. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Yes, it's very possible to put the 91 engine into the 95 chassis. It's a bolt-in swap. You may need to deal with a bit of wiring, but it's not a difficult swap at all in terms of making it fit...

3. mfskarphedin

mfskarphedin New Member

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted