newbie messed my stuff up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

a newbie tired to drive my car it is an 87 honda civic hatch si 5 speed well he kept stalling the car and contiued to try well now my car runs like shit and i dont know if this can happen or not i just had my brake pads replaced like a few weeks ago maybe more but after the little stall session my brakes scrubb so bad it sounds like there is no pad there like it fell of or something can some one please help me

easy solution, pull the damn wheel and check it out for yourself, it will be a much better answer for you than us guessing at it from a limited description...

Um...ok so because you let someone learn manual on your car they fucked up your brakes? :hmm:

If the pads are grinding, you need to replace them. What is that? 50 bucks if that for a good set of replacement pads?

Originally posted by revolution8k@Jun 6 2004, 09:57 PM
50 bucks if that for a good set of replacement pads?

Lifetime warrenty at Autozone, can't beat that!

those cheap autozone pads with the lifetime warranty will eat your rotors

I learned that the hard way

Originally posted by blngblngskater@Jun 7 2004, 08:26 AM
i wanted to know about why my car is running like shit not about the brakes

That doesnt tell us much. Can you elaborate on what EXACTLY is not right?

Originally posted by blngblngskater+Jun 7 2004, 06:26 AM-->
i wanted to know about why my car is running like shit not about the brakes
ok then why does your original post talk mostly about the brakes? brother plain and simple, although there is a lot of knowledgeable people on this board, you can't expect us to read your post, someone else drove my car and its running like shit and expect us to help you, why don't you try posting details such as how the car is running like shit, what symptoms it has, when does it run like shit, is there a check engine light on, etc. . .

sleepercivic
@ Jun 7 2004, 07:46 AM
those cheap autozone pads with the lifetime warranty will eat your rotors

Hmm I've never had a problem and I live 15 miles up a nice steep mountain road, and have exchanged them 4 times now...maybe its cause I bought the semi-matallics which are a bit more expensive

Back