Newbie Needs Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolPWR

i have the minor mods on my d16z6 del sol like

headers
cat-back
AEM cam gear
MSD SCI ignition
Wires and plugs
ram air intake

what should i do next? I'm on a small budget (highschooler)
I was thinking of going with nitrous to get some quick speed.
Are there any other mods that I can do that wont set me back more than a months pay ($500) and get good power
Im working on weight reduction right now
I wanna get my car fast enough to race at a show with some of my friends in september
any help would be nice, Thanks

your best bang for the buck for what your looking for would be N2O
but you have to be careful with it so you dont destroy your engine ... then youd be fucked

oh and before someone else kills you for it .... its header not headers you only have one bank of cylinders

how about a bigger throttle body for all that air you're sucking in?

aem fuel rail?

is there really any way to make a delsol lighter? they only weigh like 50 lbs in a puddle........ :p

Originally posted by Vtec4@Apr 27 2003, 12:42 AM
is there really any way to make a delsol lighter? they only weigh like 50 lbs in a puddle...

del Sols are heavy as shit compared to other hondas their size (crx, hatches).

sorry about the header-headers but i was thinking about the fuel rail but would that do anything on a stock setup ie pump, injectors... also the throttle body? would i need to mod my intake man to a larger size?

I was looking around and what about a camshaft? would this be a start to a good fast NA engine?

i agree that the dels are a little heavy but the also got better handling those other cars. Im trying to get about 100-200lbs off. I dont weigh much myself 154 so it will be quick

any cheap suggestions on weight reductiont that can be done easy and cheap. The donut is outta there already!

Well I hav no powersteering and no A/C...Not to mention I don't have anything but a dash,seats,cd player,4x6.25 and a few other panel in my interior and a c/f hoodAll of that stripping was good for about .5 to .6 in the 1/8 mile. But I hope to have a GSR in it by mid-summer...... :)

Well the Bigger TB is an option, don't waste your $ on a fuel rail or injectors.

How about a fuel regulator. Then take it to a dyno and do some tuning.

Get a Y8 Intake manifold and an Integra throttle body and dremel out the manifold to match it. Then get a Hondata Intake manifold gasket to keep the air temps down a bit.

If you want a cam do some shopping you can waste a lot of $ on a cam or get a good one at a good price.

Go over to Darksol.com and look at Dave's list of weights for reduction Ideas.

Originally posted by Vtec4@Apr 27 2003, 12:42 AM
how about a bigger throttle body for all that air you're sucking in?

aem fuel rail?

is there really any way to make a delsol lighter? they only weigh like 50 lbs in a puddle........ :p

A bigger tb will help airflow.

Stock fuel rails can take 500hp+ I wouldnt get an aem, just save the money up.

Strip:
carpet and everything under it
panels
ac comp

ok a lot of u guys like the Throttle Body. Which teg motor do i want it from? will the Y8 intake bolt right onto my engine with no mods to it? also is there a cheap fuel rail that is near stock that looks good like in red or polished?
also i found a faily cheap camshaft at ZEX is this a good camshaft?

Originally posted by SolPWR@Apr 28 2003, 01:16 PM
also is there a cheap fuel rail that is near stock that looks good like in red or polished?

Not that I know of.lol....Just polish your old one for like 10.00.

also i found a faily cheap camshaft at ZEX is this a good camshaft?

Havent heard anything good or bad about them so I dunno..If your not planning on going turbo I wouldn't get shafts..But if you just want a lil extra power get gsr cams and or gears.

gsr cams???? wtf? he has a d16! for 500 bucks, i would say bottle the shit...cheapest way to get horsepower...if you blow the motor, oh well, get a b16...if you really dont want nitrous, get a good cam(300+ bucks), and maybe some pulleys(100+bucks)...oh, and if you know what you're doing, a DIY port and polish...

i read an article about 1-2 years ago about the ZEX cam on a D16Z6 and with cai/h/e it made 127hp at the wheels. after tuning it i think they got an extra 1-2hp out of it. i say go with the zex.

has anyone heard of www.DH-Racing.com? i was looking over there and saw some ported manifolds with large throttle bodys off of acura TL (i think) also they have a pully for about $150. someone let me know if these guys are any good.

Also what would the gains be of PnP heads? are there big gains in this?

My goal is somewhere around 160-170Whp

Hey if you want a IM and TB just get a B series TB, don't waste your $ on anything else. You can get on for like $50. LS B20, 2nd & 3rd gen B16, GSR they are all the same and bolt up to your Manifold. If you are not comfortable port matching it yourself with a dremel there is a Guy I know that will. He can also P&P your head. I just got a A6 head done and it is sweet. Go here

http://www.automotivetech.org/forum/index.php

and PM agressorsol

1994 Honda del Sol S MT 2301
EG 1994 Honda del Sol S AT 2387
EG 1994 Honda del Sol Si MT 2414
EG 1994 Honda del Sol Si AT 2474
EG 1994 Honda del Sol VTEC MT 2491
1994 Honda Civic CX HB MT 2108
1994 Honda Civic DX HB MT 2178
1994 Honda Civic DX HB AT 2264
1994 Honda Civic Si HB MT 2390
1994 Honda Civic VX HB MT 2094
1994 Honda Civic DX CPE MT 2231
1994 Honda Civic DX CPE AT 2326
1994 Honda Civic EX CPE MT 2443
1994 Honda Civic EX CPE AT 2502
The Del Sol doesn't weigh as much as some people think it does.

Back