Newbie needs help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

faDedEpic

I have a 97 Honda Prelude Type SH and have some questions

1. I need to switch out the engine. I have done some research and SH's have the H22A4 motors... does this mean thats what I need to switch into to keep SH. If i switch into just an H22A will it no longer be an "SH' I dont get how thats possible because the SH refers to the steering capabilities, but I thought there might be something in the engine that allows the SH capabilites to occur, so I just wanted to check.

2. Can someone please let me know the differences between a H22 engine and a JDM H22... like is there more horspower or anything? And also if i switched into the JDM would I run into problems with the SH again, or my current transmission thats hooked up to an H22A4.

3. I was looking to swtch in to the type S engine which is more powerful... I basically have the same questions concerning this engine... any problems with SH or transmision?

4. Can the Transmission I have now hooked up to the H22A4 be swapped without poblems into the H22A?

5. Anyone want to suggest any other engines for me to switch into?

Thank you for any information that you guys could give me. Sorry if lots of my questions are reoccuring and you guys get em all the time...

I am not at all familiar with the H-series, but I would not recommend putting in a K20A2, I assume my Type-S you meant the RSX. The reason I say this, is because I believe that like the B-series engines, the engines are "reversed." You could do it, but it would cost you a lot more money.

Originally posted by Frankie P.@Jun 1 2004, 05:42 PM
I am not at all familiar with the H-series, but I would not recommend putting in a K20A2, I assume my Type-S you meant the RSX. The reason I say this, is because I believe that like the B-series engines, the engines are "reversed." You could do it, but it would cost you a lot more money.

Nah dude the type S is the JDM prelude equivalent to a Civic Type R from a regular Civic or a Integra type R from a regular Integra. hehe.

And to answer your question, and H22 will fit in your car and mate up with your transmission. And your prelude will still be a SH as that refers to the TRIM of the vehicle. Granted the package SH does refer to the motor as well but it wouldn't change anything. A civic EX with a B16 is still a civic EX. Get my drift? So any H22 you pick will work. Good Luck.

keep your current engine unless its blown. The jdm only has 10 more hp. Any attempts at swapping what you have will be futile.

Back