Ninja Police in Florida

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Capt. Orygun

Win the Day
ALright I'm watching cops with the new GF and they're in Florida, the everglades. This guy is running from a drug bust and is being chased by a cop. They scene cut and the chase is over, guy is on the ground and the cop is holdng a nunchuku. Stupid idoit tried to use it on the cop I guess.

I guessed wrong.

Now his buddies have caught up, they all have chuks, like a half dozen of them. Not that it bothers me, they could use chainsaws to subdue crackheads for all I care. I just thought it was funny. Anyone ever seen somethng like this before?

They are a reasonable martial weapon, prolly less painful than full nightstick or ASP training.

Plus, it's kinda fuckin' cool :)

They can do some wierd shit with night sticks after a while.

Chucks are deadly in the hands of a trained user, bad part is, they are just as deadly if not more to the good guys since you can hurt yourself as with everyone around you unless you're damn good at them.

I can't see your standard police officer learning how to use them to the point where they would use them out in the field. that could take years to learn.

They might have something like a nunchuck to be used for wraping up arms/legs/necks and to poke but to use as weapons (swinging) once again I can't see that happening.

this is coming from someone who owns 3 sets.

These were more traditional, looked like 14in bars.

I've been using them for 14 years, can do the two at once thing, and I wouldn't want to use them in a fight, they're better for show IMO

But I know what I saw

Hi,my name is Steve

"Hi Steve"

We all agree that 1/4 staffs, Bo and longarms are very effective and sinister weapons in the hands of a practiced contender, right ?

I'm a well practiced user of a quarter staff. Not that I'm a master, nor am I a proven fighter - but I can control it and deal out demonic blows. I can take down sapplings with a good ash and steel cap. I have a collection of them from exotic woods, composites, steels and even one in the making made of 750,000 volt power line. I have practice bos and even SCCA rattans.

My friend Jack is from Turkey and has practiced with Nunchuku since he was 5. He claims to have had to use them to defend himself, but jack tends to be completely full of shit.

I can't get near Jack with my staff. I started sparring with him about a year ago, and we're both on a good track. I can whack him real hard if given the opportunity but so far about every swing I've taken at that motherfucker has ended up with my staff either in his arm or across the field. Even novelty store acrylics in his hands can snap all but my strongest woods and they definately put deep marks in them with no effort.

Nunchuks are nasty.

Here in CO I see cops with Nunchaku on a regular basis. Now I don't claim to be a "pro" with the weapon, as I am completely self taught. But I can do some pretty bad ass shit with them. I also know how to properly strike with them too. "ShowFu" won't get you anywhere, but if someone who really knows how to use this weapon actually uses it in a fight, I'll put money on the fact that the fight will be over in 1 hit.

The "new" girlfriend? ...what did Rosey Palm leave you?

Oh yeah, sorry I stopped reading after that just so I could post that smartass snide remark.

Quoted post[/post]]
They are a reasonable martial weapon, prolly less painful than full nightstick or ASP training.

Plus, it's kinda fuckin' cool :)

They can do some wierd shit with night sticks after a while.

Some places don't allow police officers to carry night sticks, yet allow them to carry guns. Seems ass backwards but hey thats bureacracy for you.

On the note about doing weird shit with night sticks, just take a look at martial artists that have tried with a similiar weapon and see the things that true elitists can do with weapons - its incredible from the untrained eye.

Furthermore, I was moving in the direction that not only can some do "weird shit" with night sticks but that its funny and amazing to see a cop take someone down with a 4-6inch "billy club" that can be carried on a key chain. Press it in the right spot and apply pressure and see what happens.

Being able to truly use a Kubaton is an art. With long enough keys on them, I've seen people shut down any punch thrown their way with one.

I have a nasty one too, but I'm not good enough with one to carry it.

is that the weapon that chick in the cop movie with morgan freeman carried? lol i forget the name of the movie i just know freeman turned out to be the bad guy in the end

I have a Kubaton too, but it's rather sharp on one end. I've studied a bit of Acupressure and Acupuncture, but I don't know near enough to use it. I would probably end up killing someone, literally.

My friends got this one:

1348-lg.jpg

And holy shit is it deadly...

Back