1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nissan suspension

Discussion in 'Other Vehicle Discussions' started by NissanNiNjA2nd, Aug 27, 2004.

1. NissanNiNjA2nd

NissanNiNjA2nd Senior Member

So for the past week or so I have been researching the suspension for pulsar... so far I have figured that I can put things from the B13 chassis on to the N13... so that is plus... basically it means I can Use the SE-R springs and struts for me... :D

So after reading through other things I have noticed that I will probably be using KYB or tokico, basically because they are readily available to me

Ive read that B is using 8/6 on his del sol... is that in kg/mm... err what...

in lbs I have noticed a lot of people going with 400/350 for serious Auto-x.... seems a little stiff to me.. I was think more along the lines of 350/300....is that too low... this car will be a VERY serious auto-x car... thats all I am building it for... 1/4 can eat a dick, straight line doesnt take shit...

What do you think for spring rates and other suspension stuffs, AND WHO???!

2. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

You can't compare the Pulsar/NX's spring rates to a Civic... the shocks mount in different locations. My old roommate has a 96 SE-R, and he went with 300lb/in up front and 200lb/in in the back with a custom TrueChoice coilover setup. It was plenty stiff- comparable to a stiffer spring setup in a Civic.

The 8/6 or whatever numbers you see people posting up are kg/mm figures. Each 1 kg/mm is equivalent to 56 lb/in.

3. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

i would go with the kyb agx struts.

4. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

^^ thats what I plan on getting for the 240...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted