nitrous on d15b!? good or bad

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

joshuaclifton

ive got a d15b and i want just a little more power out of it. im leaning away from going turbo only because if something happens im screwed.

your only going to be able to pop nitros a couple times on stock internals before you start cooking things like your rings
what d15b do you have anyway (d15b,d15b2,d15b6,d15b7, or d15b8,)??
there are other things you can do if you have the right drive train on a d15b the VTi -(EG4)
it's 130 horse stock if you chip it and get a good tune you can get some real nice numbers on it .....

Give it proper fuel and actually get the damn thing tuned, and you're safe up to around 200whp...which is a 75-100 shot.

Here's the thing though, forced induction is pretty much forced induction. Nitrous, like a turbo or supercharger, is only as safe as you make it. With nitrous you're going to have limits on how you can use it and you're going to have to pay to have the bottle refilled. A turbo is power that's always on tap and is actually lower cost in the long run. Read through the article on building a homemade turbo, up in the Reference Section. :)
:werd: unless you want to blow up the d series before you swap it then i suggest running a 150 shot on it and race for pinks:p no seriously, gas her till it blows and put in a b series.

Go for it. I'm saving up for a nitrous kit for my d15b vtec.

Seriously it shouldn't be harmful as long as your engine is in decent shape. Do a compression and leakdown test, if it's good, then get your nitrous kit but I wouldn't get a dry, get a wet kit or a direct port if you can afford it. Get all the safety features like a bottle warmer, pressure gauge, purge kit, etc. As long as the nitrous bottle pressure is between 900-1100 psi and the engine can handle it, you should be safe. I'm still doing some research, and from what I've gathered a wet kit does a much better job of mixing the nitrous with the fuel for a more efficient and safe boost. This is the kit I'm saving for: Honda Civic Nitrous Express Import EFI Stage 1 Nitrous System at PRO Civic.com $600 and NO BUTTONS OR SWITCHES!!

Back