1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nitrous Q's

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by Tait72, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Tait72

Tait72 Member

I have an Ls vtec that runs 13.6-13.8's. I'm pretty happy with what it does but am considering going the Nitrous route. It's all very new to me, I'm just learning a little about the two different systems now Wet/Dry.
    But wondering what kind of E.T gains I could get from a 50, 75, shot. I haven't seen any comparisons eg: before Nitrous and after.
    This is all only if I can do it safe, and reliable. Don't know if it matters but car makes 205hp/151tq Dynojet on Crome.

2. Magana559

Magana559 The Warden

Are you on stock internals? If so I would do is a 100 shot...but that's me and I expect all my builds to blow up sometime because that's racing on a budget.

If you want safe stick to a 50 shot....don't expect much of a lower time with 50 more whp.
    I would save money for suspension traction bar and tires.

3. Magana559

Magana559 The Warden

Also if your doing a 50 shot I would recommend dry vs wet if you have at least 440 injectors.
    Wet shot is for 100 and up in my opinion.

4. Tait72

Tait72 Member

Yeah I'm on stock internals, and I already run slicks, traction bars and Nitrous were something to pick up over the winter.
    So I'm gonna guess that a 50 shot would get one to two tenths off my ET.
    If that's the case I might just as well gut it and take the bumpers out for the same results without the risk.
    Thx for the reply.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted