Nitrous question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mozzandherb

Would the stock h22a pistons be safe if I'm running a 100 wetshot or would it get too hot? Also are you able to just change the rings on the pistons without buying new ones and would that be recommended if I use the 100 shot?

you can definitely change the rings on your pistons without buying new, but the ring LANDS are gonna be your problem. I wouldnt recommend going over 75 PSI on stock pistons.

Quoted post[/post]]
you can definitely change the rings on your pistons without buying new, but the ring LANDS are gonna be your problem. I wouldnt recommend going over 75 PSI on stock pistons.
What if I change the ringlands will they still be a problem? What company has good ringlands? Thanks reiko.

i thought we went over this.

Ring lands are part of the piston. They are the things that the rings sit on.

the side of the piston looks something like this

--------
--------
--------

wwwwwww

-------
-------
-------

Its impossible to change the top and bottom of the ----'s (the ring lands) without changing the piston.

Quoted post[/post]]
i thought we went over this.

Ring lands are part of the piston. They are the things that the rings sit on.

the side of the piston looks something like this

--------
--------
--------

wwwwwww

-------
-------
-------

Its impossible to change the top and bottom of the ----'s (the ring lands) without changing the piston.
Your probably right about going over this, I'm sure you explained it to me before, anyway so there's nothing I can do about the ringlands unless I get new pistons....right :ph34r: lol. Well man that's not what I wanted to hear I wanted to avoid getting new pistons and add nitrous and feel safe about the stock one's, but your putting some doubt in my mind that it might not be such a good idea. Because if change the pistons then I probably have to re-sleeve, unless I go with Mahle's with are said to be compatible with FRM sleeves, but I probably wouldn't take that chance either, then I would have to re-sleeve and instead of going with nitrous I would want to go turbo, don't ask me why that's just my reasoning. So now I'm in a little bit of a quarry. Back to the chalk board.

Back