1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nitrous question

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by mozzandherb, Jan 6, 2006.

1. mozzandherb

mozzandherb Senior Member

Would the stock h22a pistons be safe if I'm running a 100 wetshot or would it get too hot? Also are you able to just change the rings on the pistons without buying new ones and would that be recommended if I use the 100 shot?

2. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

you can definitely change the rings on your pistons without buying new, but the ring LANDS are gonna be your problem. I wouldnt recommend going over 75 PSI on stock pistons.

3. mozzandherb

What if I change the ringlands will they still be a problem? What company has good ringlands? Thanks reiko.

4. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

i thought we went over this.

Ring lands are part of the piston. They are the things that the rings sit on.

the side of the piston looks something like this

--------
    --------
    --------

wwwwwww

-------
    -------
    -------

Its impossible to change the top and bottom of the ----'s (the ring lands) without changing the piston.

5. mozzandherb

Your probably right about going over this, I'm sure you explained it to me before, anyway so there's nothing I can do about the ringlands unless I get new pistons....right :ph34r: lol. Well man that's not what I wanted to hear I wanted to avoid getting new pistons and add nitrous and feel safe about the stock one's, but your putting some doubt in my mind that it might not be such a good idea. Because if change the pistons then I probably have to re-sleeve, unless I go with Mahle's with are said to be compatible with FRM sleeves, but I probably wouldn't take that chance either, then I would have to re-sleeve and instead of going with nitrous I would want to go turbo, don't ask me why that's just my reasoning. So now I'm in a little bit of a quarry. Back to the chalk board.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted