NO FIRE b18c in 89 crx si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kkloske

alright did this swap about a year ago converted car to obd1 wit a boomslang conversion harness and chipped p28 car rran fine for 9months driving along one day and it cut off and hasnt had fire since so i have put a new dizzy in it ohmed ALL my wiring out on the dizzy plugs where i soldered them for the conversion new ignition main relay everything but the ecu im waiting on my buddy to bring me another p28 to plug up other than that does anybody have any idea of what it could be this thing has drove me crazy for to long and im tired of it sitting any help would b much appreciated

also for the last month i drove the car it would cut off on me and not start for about five minutes(i thought it waas the coil) and then it finally took a crap

Ok might have found my problem iim not getting any power to the ecu i found a obd0 pinout and from wat i understand the power is coming in from two relays and i have no power to the ecu so what relay sends power to the ecu?????

Yeah, check your grounds and fuses. When you turn the key to the on position if you hear your fuel pump prime the main relay is not bad. But that only controls the pump and supplies power to the injectors. Just so ya know.

ready to shoot this thing

checked the ground that was fine, i dont think im gonna get any cel codes considering i have no power going to the ecu i will double check though as far as the relays i have switched the main relay(the big one) and the fuel pump relay(bolted beside the hood latch) with two different ones i new were good and still no luck the only other ones i found inside the car were two that went into the fuse panel under the steering colum i cant find what there for but the ecu has to be getting power from somewere????? and looking at the pinouts it has to be a relay im not the best on electrical stuff and this thing has got me stumped

somebody please help i bought a new fuel pump relay(big one seven prongs) and now im getting power to the ecu and still no fire....... i just finished ohming every wire on the dizzy plug all the way back to the end of the obd0 to obd1 jumper harness tht plugs into the ecu and i have continuity all the way threw so my wiring is fine my dizzy is brand new new ignition new fuel pump relay and main relay everything works on the car but no fire also i noticed i tried to see if the ecu was throwing any error codes and i couldnt get it to read any on the obd0 ecu(stock) it has a window on the actual ecu that flashes at you once ive converted the way i checked it was jumped the little pin out on the drivers side under the hood and the check engine light is supposed the flash a blink code at you and when it ran before this worked and it would give me codes now the light just stays on im completly lost and need some help someone told me the fuse blocks under the hood had started to go bad onthe EFs from age but i have power coming in and out of that so i dont believe thats it

Back