no fuel and tail lights stay on

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondacivic05

i have a ef with a b16a in it and it stop running cause my s200 cable snapped. i didnt know it did so i let sit for like a year and now it turns over but no fuel and every time i connect the battery the tail lights come on.....any one have any ideas?

Could be where wires are splices together for the hybrid harness so check ALL none factory connections first and go from there as for fuel check your ground check for fuel pressure

For the tail lights, check for the little rubber 'nub' or tit that sticks in the upper portion of the brake peddle. They tend to deteriorate, break apart and fall on the floor. One thinks: what the heck is that? and throws it away, leaving a hole where it pushes back the brake light warning sensors' post and the sensor thinks that the peddle is depressed (and needs drugs..)
Just pop a longer 10mm bolt/nut assy in there and your done with that..
Well, did you check the connections at your res?
Res full?

For the fuel, crack your bleeder at the filter and turn the key to cycle the pump. Does fuel leak out? If so, turn off key, shoot some starting fluid in intake and retry. If it fires then you know that fuel isn't getting to the port.
Pull injectors, clean the pintle at the end (depress the little pin while holding it upside down and drip some brake/carb cleaner in there while L I G H T L Y pushing on the pintle. It only moves a few thou.. Do that until you can see that it moves back into position quickly) lube, re-install. try again.
If you can't hear the pump 'cycle' when you turn the key to 'run' then check voltage to pump. Could be a bad fuel pump relay/fuse, OR just a gummed up pump..
How much gas did you have in it while it sat?.
I've seen real bad engine problems with old gas.. It carmelizes the cumbustion chamber, valves and piston tops with a hard to clean off black coating that can actually screw up the first ring if run long enough (gets behind the rings, builds up forcing them outward to the cyl wall scoring it) without getting good fresh gas.

hope that helps..

E

i agree with that 78civic dude. check that brake switch, check the fuel pump to see if it turns on with the key on but dont crank the engine. if you dont hear the pump turn on, check the fuel pump relay. you may have a fuel pump test connector in the wire harness under the hood. plug a short jumper wire from your positive battery post to the test connecter. this will by-pass the relay if your car has this test port. you should also check for a gummed up pump before replacing it and test to see if it works when its out of the car using your battery to hot-wire the pump. if it works, check for continuity in the fuel pump wire harness wires. however, before pulling the pump out, you can be sure its the pump, relay, or wires by spraying starter fluid in the intake throttle body while cranking the engine. if it dont turn over for a few seconds check for spark. when cars sit they can get fuel problems and through the winter they can get rodent problems. mice are known to chew on wire harnesses and wires (including spark plug wires). this is why i mentioned the continuity checking. hope this helps

Back