no gas to motor need help asap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

highrev98civic

i just finished doing a b18b1 swap on my 98 lx 4d. first of all its a 98 ls block with crower turbo rods and srp 10.5 : 1 81.5 mm high compression with a 97 ls head with crower stage 2 all race cams. before i tried to started the motor i gave it a good couple of turns to check it if everything was alright it turned fine. the motor when i tried to start it wanted to turn over but it would just crank it sounded like it was going to turn over but it just would not go over. could it be my timeing of my cam i set them at piston 1 at TDC and both cam gears were pointing up. in between me trying to start it i got couple of misfires. so i decided to pull out the spark plug and there was no trace of gas going to the pistons. i do hear the gas pump and i can feel the gas going throught the gas line to the fuel rail could it be mine injectors they are a year or so old? i am using my 98 lx obd2a wiring harness and using a jumper harness to convert it to obd1 do i need to do any special wiring to the injectors? i had just finished doing a valve lash adjustment? but in the end there still no gas to the motor meaning no fire has any one done a ls swap using a lx harness please help! any and all comments and suggestions are welcome!!!

it fired out of the exhaust. could it be mine injectors are not working they have been sitting for almost a year now? also i am running 93 octane

theres a tool to probe the injectors with to see if they are firing but i cant remember the name of it. go to a good mech shop and ask. someone should have one. does the CEL stay on?

i heard that the dohc is different than the sohc does anybody know the difference? also if the firing is off is that why im getting no gas in the motor?

it could be your dizzy. when i did my swap i was getting a spark but didnt smell any gas. i changed my dizzy and it fired right up.

it was doing what yours is. it would crank and try to start. backfire some then stop. if i sprayed starter fluid and it wouldnt make much of a difference. so you could try that. see what happens.

Back