no gas!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

etccatz

ok i have had problems witht his car starting since i got it!! i have a b16a1 in my 91 hatch now i can get spark but no gas and i have no reason why???? i have a si harness from an 89 hatch and then i wired it for vtec but still no gas??? i was wondering if anyone knows what the deal can be???

thanks
~bill~

Originally posted by etccatz@Dec 22 2004, 08:50 PM
ok i have had problems witht his car starting since i got it!! i have a b16a1 in my 91 hatch now i can get spark but no gas and i have no reason why???? i have a si harness from an 89 hatch and then i wired it for vtec but still no gas??? i was wondering if anyone knows what the deal can be???

thanks
~bill~
[post=436137]Quoted post[/post]​

What ecu is in the car, but I'm sure its your injecters, check the fuel pump to make sure it is comming on. My freind just had the same problem I let him use a set of OBD0 injecters and resistor box. It fired right up.

im not sure what ecu it is i got it with my swap. also i got the injectors with the engine but maybe ill get some new ones and another computer and see what that does!!

~bill~

Originally posted by etccatz@Dec 23 2004, 06:12 PM
im not sure what ecu it is i got it with my swap. also i got the injectors with the engine but maybe ill get some new ones and another computer and see what that does!!

~bill~
[post=436532]Quoted post[/post]​

Make sure you have a OBD0 dizzy or the CPS will not match up, was that 89 harness from a dpfi or mpfi because that could be your problem, also try to straight wire the injectors to make sure they are not the problem.

i got the wiring harness from a mpfi hatch but the guy i gave it too really didnt know to much about wiring. but i got a obd0 dizzy i know that because i bought it new. but hopefully i can get this stupid thing running because i have had it for a year but havent got it to run!!!

thanks guys
~bill~

Originally posted by etccatz@Dec 24 2004, 08:06 PM
i got the wiring harness from a mpfi hatch but the guy i gave it too really didnt know to much about wiring. but i got a obd0 dizzy i know that because i bought it new. but hopefully i can get this stupid thing running because i have had it for a year but havent got it to run!!!

thanks guys
~bill~
[post=436915]Quoted post[/post]​

Did you try straight wiring the injectors or have you already got the car started.

did you check for fuel in the tank? is the furl pump working? are the fuel lines correct? is thr fpr working? is ther a blokage in a line.

i got new injectors but havent installed them yet i was thinking of getting a new pump and i think that im gonna do that too!! i havent really checked the lines or anything like that but i will do that next and also put a little more gas in it too. how do i check if the lines are blocked though???

Originally posted by etccatz@Jan 5 2005, 11:06 AM
i got new injectors but havent installed them yet i was thinking of getting a new pump and i think that im gonna do that too!! i havent really checked the lines or anything like that but i will do that next and also put a little more gas in it too. how do i check if the lines are blocked though???
[post=441380]Quoted post[/post]​

Some people may say don't do it this way but it works for me, I took that little bolt out of the fuel filter and turn the ignition on and gas shot out. The bolt goes in that little oval screw.

make sure you have fuel pressure. your resistor box is there right..

Back