No Injector Pulse after B18B swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Supa Troopa

Ok, here is what I am dealing with. I have searched and searched for three days now and finaly gave up so I am going to post my issues. I have an 89 EF DX that came with a D15B with a PM6 ECU. The car was running fine before I pulled the motor, not throwing any codes or giving me any problems. I just recently put in a B18B1 from a 95 teg. I am running a PR4 ECU and I still have my PM6 ECU. I had a couple of rough starts when attempting to start the car, I wasn't getting any spark, but I later fixed the problem. I now have spark, the fuel pump primes, the injectors prime, main relay is working fine. When I goto start the car, I get no injector pulse so whatever fuel the injectors threw in the intake manifold during the prime ignites and the car starts and then imediatly stops because no more fuel is coming into the engine. The only code I am throwing is Code 10 which is the IAT sensor, but it shouldn't have anything to do with the injector pulse. Grounds are good on the ECU, all wires have continuity, and everything else appears perfect. The only problem we noticed was when we first noticed the injectors not getting a pulse, the resistor box would stop receiving power after the injectors prime. I rigged up a 12v ign line to the resistor box so even after the injectors have primed, they still have power. I am using the the injectors from the D15B since they used the reistor box and they are fine, I cleaned them and checked them all. The crank angle sensor is fine in the dizzy, I even used another dizzy from another car, put it on, and it did the same thing. So for right now, my car can't move.I tried to start it with the PM6 ecu to verify the PR4's integrity, and it still throws Code 10 and still starts then stalls. The car ran fine before the swap and the only wires I re-pinned after the swap was for the obd1 dizzy.
If anyone has any ideas, let me know... I am stuck....

did you happen to wire up the injectors? the ef dx is dpfi. you have to convert it to mpfi. you said the only thing you rewired was the dizzy so im assuming you didnt do that.

The car was already running mpfi, it had a d15b7 in it. I got rid of the cel light but its still is getting no pulse. I am going to eliminate the resistor box and run obd1 injectors and see what happens.

did you solve the problem? i having the same issue no injector pulse or dwell

Wow, good job on bumping an old thread where the OP only has 2 posts.
if you notice both of those posts are in this thread.
which has not been active in a little over a YEAR.

you should try making your own thread.

Back