no o2 sensor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DizzyPhyziks

Just picked up a turbo b18c. I was told the monotech ecu is crome tuned. The car runs cool and strong.
I noticed the o2 sensor is not hooked up to anything so I assume the car is running off an idle, part throttle, and a wot map with nothing in between?
There is no fmu. The fuel is stock injectors @60psi.

Im going to hook up a wideband o2 for an afr gauge to get some kind of idea of where im at before I save the money for 450's and a fresh tune.

What types of concerns should I have and what are some things to check/look out for?

No smoke, odd sounds, roughness, loss of power, or leaks.

It is possible that there was a wideband in the car for tuning and that it has since been removed. CROME also allows you to choose between open loop and closed loop. My car is currently running without a single O2 sensor in the exhaust, with the exception of a wideband that is not in any way connected to the ECU/harness.

i have never ran a o2 sensor in my current integra. ran great when supercharged and now turbocharged. but, i live in south florida where it the temperature doesnt change much throughout the year. the only thing i would be worried about with the tune, would be if it was tuned in 90 degree temps and driving it in 20 degree temps makes it run lean.

I see. There is a 4 wire sensor in the exhaust not connected to anything. I assumed it was stock bcuz wideband are 5 wire right?

Anyone got a link/info how to hook up an afr gauge to wideband o2 without going through ecu?

It is fairly simple. Which wideband do you have?

You should only need switched power, ground, and signal from the sensor itself. My wideband begins to heat when I turn the ignition to the ACC position. I leave it there for a min or so, then fire the car.

Ah ok so its as straightforward as it gets. Thanks.

Im going to pick up a sensor+gauge as soon as I find a new smog buddy. As for the wiring I hope to find a switch with multiple inputs to hook my gauges and electric fan to.

I'd get an AEM UEGO if I were you. Easiest install I have ever done. Innovate also makes a wide band, its called the LC-1. It is miserable to install. I'd steer clear of it.

Back