No pvc!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GlassHeadlights

West West Yall
I just put on a Y8 IM on to my A6/Z6 Mini-Me. It had a A6 IM on before. When I took the old one off there was a coat of oil in there. I put the Y8 manifold on and I temporarly blocked off the PVC port. It doesn't burn oil anymore. How can I keep the PVC off? Or was mine broken?

First its PCV valve and its normal for a bit of oil to get in it...unless you mean the IM then im not sure how much is supposed to get in. Why would you want to block off that valve? If your worried just replace it and see.

You need the pcv valve. Just replace it, they are like $4. The oil in your IM (if it is a very light coat) is just from the oil vapors. This is how it is supposed to work.

That would be your best bet, but you can pick up cheap versions of it from any parts store. Go oem honda if you can.

Honda engines last a long time (and this is my dad's idea) because they coat themselves with oil internally. Even if it's just a vapor occasionally, he thinks it helps them last.

Replace it, srsly. You don't want anything to get sucked into the crank-case. That'd be bad.

Back