No spark - b18a1 in an 89 hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MikeBergy

Blah blah blah....
From a pm I received:
hey bro sry to bother you but i have a prolbem
i swaped a b18a1 into my 89 hatch back i belive tha 90 acura is obd0 like tha hatch but i swaped it into tha hatch and im getting no spark, there is no power to tha distrubator do u have ne info tha ecu is stock should i have changed it? or do i need a diffrent ecu please if u have ne info let me know im going crazy please

thank you

Pretty sure that you have to run a pr4 ecu. Also, I'm not sure, but I think you have to do a dpfi to mpfi conversion for it to work as well. Don't quote me on this, but I think you have to do that before it will.

If the hatch is not an si then he'll need to convert to mpfi.What ecu is being used?

is tha pr4 tha stock ecu cuz thats what im running and i still have no spark i have already did tha mpfi swap and im going crazy should i also use tha dx harrness cuzim using tha ls harrness well half and half where tha ecu runs into tha engine bay is tha dx harrness and then i have tha ls harrness for tha motor is this bad/
and did ne one understand me? thakn you

is tha pr4 tha stock ecu cuz thats what im running and i still have no spark i have already did tha mpfi swap and im going crazy should i also use tha dx harrness cuzim using tha ls harrness well half and half where tha ecu runs into tha engine bay is tha dx harrness and then i have tha ls harrness for tha motor is this bad/
and did ne one understand me? thakn you
So did you just plug up the LS harness to your DX and do that as your mpfi swap?If thats what you did that will not work.You just need to use your dx harness and modify it to work.

thats what i did i read somewhere wrong so im going in tha morning to get tha harrness if i can find one and start all tha wiring over again

thank you
is there ne thign i should be looking for as in like a short cut in wiring or ne thing that u know of?

don't take any shortcuts. just like I told you in the PM's you sent me, you'll have to just get the correct conversion harness and do it right.

list off exactly what your current setup is now, and maybe you won't have to start all over again... you've probably just connected something wrong.

ok so i have tha harrness it was simple i took no shortcuts im pretty sure i have everything wired up correctly but still wont start im getting spark im pretty sure im getting fuel cuz it put a test light to tha fuel injectors and i have power and i noticed when i was starting it it would like back fire or like a loud poping nosie would come from tha exghust pipe i am running a stright pipe well for now
so does ne one have ne ideas
im gonna re time it in tha morning and mess with tha dizzy see what happens
ne one have opther ideas?

thank yuo

Spark plug firing order?

And you may have power to the injectors, but that may not mean your getting fuel.
You need to intall a fuel pressure gauge into the fuel filter(fits in where the bleeder/pressure release bolt is), or just rent or buy a fuel pressure tester kit from Advanced and check it(from the same spot on the filter)

Back