no spark

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rushcrx

b18a in a 89 crx hf. Ok well traced it back its not the plugs or the wires. I got the ecu and the dizzy out of a running teg??? I have no idea what else it can be or how to analyze (sp?) this problem?? Can anyone give any clues or know how i can figure out why it isnt getting any spark????? :huh: :blink: :huh:

Thanks----

Often the dizzy can blow at the most unexpected times. Check you ignitor. Its a little square box type of thing inside of the distributor under the plastic cover that is exposed when you remove the dizzy cap. Those go often very often and that could very well be your problem. Rather than going ahead and buying a new ignitor i would first try a working dizzy from another car.

Yep i checked inside the cap and the rotor everything looked fine. Umm so its most likely not the ecu? also is there a way to test the ignitor, coil pack??

are u sure u have all the wires right? none of the are mixed up are they?

What year did the motor com from? I'm thinking you may need to switch some wires on the intake manifold if that is an OBD-0 motor, if it's newer than you might have somewhat of a wiring disaster at hand

Rob
Primetimeimports

if you havnt fixed the problem yet, take it to a shop and ask the to check the spacing in the spark plugs, unless you have the tools to do it yourself, each car has a specific plug spacing that can be adjusted.

you can ussually find the spacing specs in the chiltons book or whatever manual you have. The correct spacing is imperative though.

Originally posted by robspeed005@Aug 4 2004, 10:42 PM
What year did the motor com from? I'm thinking you may need to switch some wires on the intake manifold if that is an OBD-0 motor, if it's newer than you might have somewhat of a wiring disaster at hand

Rob
Primetimeimports
[post=372772]Quoted post[/post]​

it's a b18a...90-93 integra....obd0 or obd1...

what wires would you need to switch on the intake manifold? regardless of obd, you've got an IACV, a TPS, a MAP sensor, an IAT sensor, and injectors.

:shrug2:

the only thing you'd POSSIBLY need to change would be:

A. if the motor is an obd2 b16, which it's NOT, in which case you'd have to change the plug for the IAT sensor, as the obd2 is shaped differently than the obd0/1, or

B. if your car is a DPFI, in which case you'd need to reverse the outer wires on the TPS

neither one of these would cause you to not have spark, though...

where'd you get your information, dude? TF&TF?

i just did that swap in to a 91 civic 4door i hade the same problem it can be the coil in the distributor or if u got a bad alternator . or a bad fuse cheack them and let me no how u made out

the motor is out ot a 91 ls i am using the hf harness i think all of the wires are connected actually pretty sure they are. I know about the spark plug gapping the are gaped properly and the car is not dpfi remember its an hf i still dont have any fu*king spark :angry: thank guys!!!

Back