no start D15B7

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mikey bottles

Prof. Bottles
allright heres the deal.. guy got his car towed into the shop i work at.. couldnt afford to fix it.. sold it to me fairly cheap. 93 civic LX. at first thought it had a broken timing belt.. turns out the cam was seized in the head. took the head off.. got another out of a yard (yes it was pressure checked and milled) and put it in. new honda O.E. head bolts, new head/intake/exhaust gaskets. the car came with new distributor, and tbelt and water pump were brand new as well. double, triple, quadrupel checked the timing.. its in. car cranks... feels like it wants to catch... then doesnt. ive got spark, got fuel... not firing up. im getting a compression tester tomorrow from work.. but i really dont see that being the problem. check engine light is not on. Fuses are all ok, pretty sure i have all the grounds hooked up.

Firing Order: 1 - 3 - 4 - 2

makes no sense, do the compression check I guess and see what the deal is, but I would say if the head came off a running car, there shouldn't be any problems.

you mentioned grounds, I assume you didn't remove the engine to change the head, but even if you did there are 2 ground straps 1 on the tranny right near the clutch slave cylinder hose bracket the other one is on the valve cover
there is also a ground on the thermostat housing for the engine harness

yea..... im an idiot.. there were 2 issues.. the ground from the headlight to the valve cover was off.. which when i got the car it wasnt hooked up.. annnnnnnnnnnnnd i had the firing order in the correct order.. just in the reverse direction... i feel retarted. but hey.. the car starts sooo yea. thanks welfare that firing order diagram helped a ton.. thats what helped me realize it was wrong. feel free to take this laugh at my expense hahaha.

nah, not gonna laugh at your expense, it happens to everyone. Good luck with the rest of it.
/unsubscribe/

Back