Non starter after compression test

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gaz4974

Hi guys,we only come here mostly when we have problems. Hope you can help I have a 1992 lude with a h22a engine its a jap import to the UK.I have just brought it all was fine until I decided to do a quick service like you should, bad idea!! took plugs out and cranked the engine over to do a compression test on each cylinder. 150 on each great!! Put plugs back in and tried to start it to warm up the oil, NO GO.No spark at the plug also the plugs are dry when I pulled them back out so there cant be any fuel from the fuel rail,Has anyone go an ideas what else could be wrong as I have checked the earth wires? Also I cant find the little block that you need to jump to get any error codes

You state "I have just brought it all was fine" What was fine?
Was it in the car and running? OR just 'testing' on the floor?
150psi sounds pretty light for a stock 10:1 engine.. Hhhmmm.

Check the main relay.
Check your coil wire.
Check your fuses by the shock tower and under dash.
Pull the neg- and reset the ecu.

E

Yes brought the whole car and drove it home and been moving it around the yard with no problem until pulled the plugs out. As far as I can see there are no wires unpluged have checked all fuses. While trying to sort it out today removed dissy cap and ran a wire from the coil to near an earth point sometime there was a spark then it would stop could that be caused by the icm unit does anyone know?

pull the cap and look for red dust, Cracked cap, cracked rotor (could see a split from the screw hole if one)
I had a dizzy poop out all sorts of crap like carbon chunks from something inside that would run sometimes and then just spinn over..?
Acted like water/moisture.
OHM out the wires.
But it sounds like a coil or something.
IS it showing a code? 9?
You could 'adapt' a timing light for a visual on the coil wire too.
You just have to tape the trigger down.

E

Just to let you know car is now running, when I pulled the coil out of the dissy found that it had a melt down. So replaced the coil and then it fired up first turn of the key.
Had no error code which didnt help!

Back