non vtec car to vtec motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

typesiracing

i'm putting an h22 in a originally equipt non vtec car...i know i can use the stock harness and have to run 2 wires to the ecu...my question is how do you plug those two wires into the computers harness....i guess its with pins but where do i get them? anybody have any incite on this....thanks for the help and is there anyway to convert my ecu over or do i absolutely need an h22 ecu?

u dont have to get a h22 ecu. u can use a p28 or a p72. it would make sense that u have to use a vtec ecu. i dnot think u can mod ur p14 to make it have vtec, but everything is possible. i have the same question u have w/ the wiring harness. my friend is using a p28 w/ the h23 harness and wnat to know how to make the vtec wires.

You can run your ecu until you can afford the VTEC ecu.
The wires. You can just plug them into the harness to make contact, or, get a hold of honda for the correct pins. I had a couple extra harnesses in my garage when I did the swap, and the pins just aren't the right size. Or, hit a junk yard.

Back