Non-Vtec to Vtec Engine Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Chainsaw

Yeah I have a '91 integra B18A1 and just got a steal on a 2000 B18C5 Vtec DOHC motor.
Now I was wondering what all I need to make the swap work. I also need to know where to get the parts, particularly the ECU and which ECU. I dont think the one in the car will be able to handle the engine.
Also this engine has an uncut wiring harness.
Thanks for any help in advance.

you can use a P73, it is the USDM and JDM ECU for the ITR, there is also the PCT(if you can find one) out of the JDM ITR and CTR. check out Hasport for mounts and such, which tranny are you gonna use? did the engine come with one?

hey conceptsleeper.
thanks for the reply, the engine came with an S80 trans with LSD.
I will probably remember after I post this but what is the PCT?
thanks for the hasport site they have a lot of products i need.
Also the fuse box do i need to replace that as well or do you think the GSR motor will be able to run off of the stock fuse box because the GSR is from a 2000 teg.
one more thing will i have to rewire the car?
thanks again

PCT is the ECU from the JDM Integra and Civic Type R's. The only wiring i forsee would be for the VTEC and the sub-harness for the new ECU.(might wanna check on that) you should email one of the guys from Hasport about the wiring situation, those guys are the swap gods!

ok hold on a minute, you said you have a B18C5, that is an Integra Type R motor, but your friends car was a GSR? Did he swap this motor in, or did you just get the motor from his GSR? if it is GSR motor than it is a B18C1, big difference, the ECU for that is a P72, but you need to either get his ECU or find one that is an OBDII P72(there are 3 versions of the P72)!

i think he should just get a muegen chipped pr3 ecu it will work without wireing it plugs straight in it kicks in vtec at 4500 and fuel cut off is at 10000

if you have the GSR wire harness then yeah ^^^^^^^^^^if not then you'll have to wire the VTEC.

Back