NOn vtec with a vtec ecu?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MikeBergy

Blah blah blah....
Okay. As the title says. A while back, I traded my pr4 non-vtec ecu straight up for a pwo (deal of the century). I am getting my built ls motor back in a couple of weeks. I would like to run the pw0 ecu, as it is all I have at present, and would like the option of just remapping the pwo when I decide to put the vtec head that I have in the garage on the b18 block, rather than having to buy another pr4, get that socketed, and then havng to socket the pw0 somewhere later down the road. I don't want anybody's approval of my decision to stay nonvtec when I have a pr3 head just laying around the garage. I just want to know if a pw0 ecu can run a non vtec engine. I have no probem installing a knock sensor into the block, as I already have one. I will also be using turboedit to write a new .bin file, so I just need to know if the hardware is going work- would writing the secondary cam profile map as an extension to the lower can profile map work? Everything is obd0, so no conflicts there. Thanks guys.

Mike

I didnt bother to read your whole post...

But yeah, im pretty sure you can chip out the vtec. Be sure and bump up your fuel map though.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 22 2005, 11:01 AM
most chip programs have the option to disable vtec solenoid.
[post=477063]Quoted post[/post]​

Could you chip a vtec ecu with a non vtec chip, say, burn a pr4 .bin to a chip and just use that?

Back