noob ek swap question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

h3o

So my girlfriend has a 98 civic sedan that has a d16y7 auto, i was looking into putting a b18(dont know what year whatever i can find cheaper) in there and swapping it to a manual. Now sorry if its a noob question i came from and still am in the german world of audis... but as far as the obvious like the engine,tranny,pedals, hydro stuff, b series shift linkage.... what kind of mounts would i need and axles and stuff? my friend has a p28 ecu can i use that? also the reason for the swap is cause of piston damage on the #2 cylinder from misfires caused by a damn clogged cat, and her reverse in her tranny is out.

That's going to be an expensive project unless you get most of your parts from salvage yard.
You can use the same engine harness just needs to be rewired to your 5 speed swap and according to the swap you will be doing. The P28 will trigger a check engine light for v-tec readout there for look for a OBD-2 P75 LS ECU. Look for a 96+ B18B1 complete changeover. Good luck!

b18 complete change over is right, that'll come with the axles you'll need as well as the linkage etc. but the hard part is converting an auto car to manual, it's very time consuming and as the above post says, very expensive. personally i'd fix the car, sell it then buy a b18 then, will save you some money and a lot of head ache in the long run.

ya i was debating just selling it as is, now days honda's dont sell for much, ive been seeing ek's in decent shape go for 3000 only and those stay for sale for awhile. I might just sell this for parts.

Back