Noob F22A1 into F22B6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Black

Odyssey Guy
Hey y'all,
This is my first post but I've been lurking for quite awhile now. My question is pretty straightforward, hopefully someone will know the answer and get back to me quickly. Alright, here we go:

I have a F22B6 Non-Vtec SOHC that went bad in my 1997 Odyssey (Yes, not an Accord but I had an Accord with a B6 so I thought I'd ask in here). Anyway, the motor I bought was a F22A1 (out of a 93 Prelude) Non-Vtec SOHC, and initially I thought the blocks were the same. Apart from a few minor casting differences and a threaded hole on the front of the block, they seem like they pretty much are. However, the heads are different and since I want to use my old header, OBD hookups, and the such, I have to swap heads. So my questions are, will the B6 head fit onto the A1 block? Is it going to run right? Has anyone ever attempted this before? Also, the A1 has the wrong style of driver side motor mount...can I swap the mount from the B6 block onto the A1? The B6 had a leaking head gasket, when I take it to the machine shop to get the head shaved, how much can I have him shave (bump up compression, a bit more HP)? Finally, will the tranny that was on the B6 bolt right up to the A1? Are the input shafts the same size?

Finally, a little introduction of myself:
29, male, into all things mechanical, not much experience with turbo's but want to learn, lots of experience with cars and bikes, currently living in DC. Thanks in advance!

no it wont work without a conversion harness. i dont know much about the f22b6 but you should be able to swap them provided that you get the harness.

Conversion harness

I thought that by swapping the head and distrib, I would end up with the correct sensors and the OBD would be good to go. What else would I be missing? After doing alot more research, I see that I would need to change the crank sensor off the oil pump as well, but it doesn't seem to difficult......

Back