Noob question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pageusaf

Can some one give me a break down on the engine types, I know the number stands for the liters but I seen b16's and d16's, and then like, d16b6's and all this different stuff

And can some one tell me what type of motor I would have in my CRX, its a 1.5 HF engine, fuel injected (not throttle body)

Thanks, sorry if the answer is right infront of me, I couldn't find it

no problem. getting to know about hondas takes time and commitment. just keep on a readin'

Ok now I'm getting curious, the person I bought the car off of was a good friend who bought the car from a guy in Maryland (i'm north of pittsburgh), he drove it a month didnt fix anything or really break anything that wasn't already broken, then sold it to me

When I bought the car it needed a speedo (and still does for that matter), so when I called the junkyard they asked me if it was fuel injected or throttle body... I looked and I have the big black box ontop of the engine that says FUEL INJECTED, and it didnt look like i had a throttle body.... so I'm going to assume the engine is Fuel injected with no throttle body

NOW the kicker is, I called up the kid I bought the car from and asked him if I had the 1.5 DX or 1.5 HF engine, he told me it was the HF because it was fuel injected

What I dont freakin understand is, the VIN @ carfax says its a DX, he says its an HF... what the hell is the difference? Is my friend wrong and its a DX? Was there a motor swap? Is DX the throttle body and HF the fuel injected or does that mean jack shit in my case?

Can somebody help me figure out what kind of damn engine I have? I am so lost....?

first off whether your car is fuel injected or not it has a throttle body, your car sounds like it is not carbeurated. if you have a vin number for a dx then it is a dx.

Quoted post[/post]]
first off whether your car is fuel injected or not it has a throttle body, your car sounds like it is not carbeurated. if you have a vin number for a dx then it is a dx.

ah, i know it has the body but its not like my camaro ontop of the engine, instead its...

instead of explaining i think you know where it is, it just has a big black box ontop of it that runs to the intake... I am just unsure about what engine I have in it? Is there any way I can be absolutely certain? DX has like 90hp and the HF has like 70, but I'm use to 400 with my camaro, so i cant feel the difference between 90 and 70 to decide whether its DX or HF.... they are both HELLA SLOW

Is the HF carbeurated ONLY? Because if it is, then I have the DX because I know mine doesn't have a carb

Quoted post[/post]]
Look at your valve cover. Does it say "16 Valve"? If so, it's a D15B2 (DX motor).

I can take a picture of where the stamp on the motor is tomorrow, so you can be sure of what you have.

Ah it says 16 valve, thanks a lot, its the dx.... my friend was wrong

Back