nOOb Questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dustin_m

Alright first off, i know that the following questions get asked like 20 times a day, but i have always ignored them so now its my turn to ask.

I am seriously considering buying another CRX and doing a B18 swap. I am stuck between a c5 or GSR. what are the price differences, with tranny and ECU. I know that a c5 should run about 4k, but tell me some good places to look.

Second Question, if i get the motor, tranny, ECU, Hasport mounts, and kit to convert it to hydro, then what else do i need. Dont i need the hydro fluid reservoir? I know i gotta bend the frame in on the side where the timing belt is, any other things i should remember??

There is a guy at my work that has helped with the same swap and said if we had a whole day we could do it in one day. he said he would talk to that friend about it.

My plan is, since my aunt bought me a beater car, i will probably buy the motor and stuff, then build on it slowly. when next semesters financial aid comes, i will look for a CRX that either doesn't run, or has a llot of miles, cuz i dont care about the motor. Does this sound like a good plan??

Oh also, am i able to use a Y pipe on my exhaust, and if so, are there any considerable HP gains from having the exhaust stop right there by the front wheels??

Any opinions will help...

I'll rep;yu!!!

Mt toes are sitll knumb!!!! Gettin' ficked up is goood for yoy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Souynds like a good plan. You dhou;n'd need more than that. Yo can use the ackesls and the linkage and shit. Wiring should be minimal. It's still non=vtec.
I still don't see the point. If you want all-motor power with non=vtec, you should be bulinging somthein g else. Vtec ownes, but not allmotor nnon vrec.

If you wan't piower with non=ctec, go with a chevy 350. All motor honga wihtout vtect is kinda dumv.

I gootta work at 10 in the morning. I'm not gonna be worth a shit tomoorwwooww!!!!!11!!!

Hey man i said ITR or GSR, last time i checked, they were both V-tech (j/k) VTEC!!

OK so if i search in the FAQ, i could find it, but i also wanted dome opinions, Especially from people in CA, preferably SoCal. Prices are a lot different here than they are in CT or wherever B and the other admins are from.

Also anyone know what I'm talking about on the Y-pipe??

So no HP gains?? alright, well i was just wondering cuz i see that most of the hondas built for race usually have the ehaust end right by the wheels. Although i do understand that the gain would probably be a lot more noticable on a race motor like that. The example that sparked that thought was that vid that was on here a while back of a hatch that was running 12's with full interior, it was red and had the independent throttle bodies, if anyone remembers...

Originally posted by khrisb@Oct 12 2003, 08:58 AM
Umm...yeah...
I don't want to talk about that up there ^^^...
Disregard that post...
:lol:

:D intoxication on unknown substances has hilarious results. such as incoherent rantings :beer: :puke: :blah: :rant: :puke: :zzz:

Back