noobie question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mikoling

how hard is it to swap in an OBD1 B18C to a 93' Del Sol Si (obd1 d16z6)...

i just want to know if this is a do-able project for me and a friend... or if i should leave it up to the pros

Its no harder then swaping anyother b-series in a del sol. Most of it will depend on how much you and you friend know about working on cars. If you are good with tools in your hands and this is your first swap id give it a day or two.

yeah me and my friend love to work on our cars... i've changed about 5 suspensions but have never done an engine swap... but am willing to learn... but i want to know if it is possible for someone like me to swap an engine...

wat do i need? wat do i need to know'?

only engine stuff i've done is really really basic... changing spark plugs... spark plug wires... changing oil... installling intake, installing exhaust... thats about it...

it is pretty easy, I did mine just like how you should be doing yours.

Literally just unbolt some shit, take you motor out, and drop it in and bolt down the bolts, and reconnect with other parts. Some peeps get scared at the wiring but it is literally 3 wires added.

Milan

The GSR is one of the harder b series swap (but b series swaps are easy in the first place) the reason why the GSR is a tad harder is because the Intakemanifold has 2 sets of runners. You need to run like 2 or 3 wires to combat that, or just have it set on one or the other set of runners.

again... noobie question

wat do u guys mean by "runners?"

Originally posted by mikoling@Aug 12 2003, 12:57 PM
again... noobie question

wat do u guys mean by "runners?"

runners are the ports that go from the plenum of the intake manifold to the head of the motor

what about shift linkage and tranny and all that good stuff... over all the whole swap process... what is involved... how hard is it gonna be to do?

since you have a del sol, you need to buy Del Sol VTEC (VTEC model was the one that had the B16a3/2 in it) Because all manufactures hate us del sol owners and no honda is too, no one makes parts for them so you have to pay a premium. Inlinefour.com sells them for 200+shipping. :(

Back