Nortel Ringing Line Preference...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
I have a customer with four phones. Three of them will answer the ringing line when you pick up the handset, the fourth will only answer if you press the button to the line that is ringing, does anyone (Turbo?) know how the fuck I turn that RLP on for that one specific phone? I've been through the **config programming, and it doesn't have the **admin on there with no luck. I've even tried to simply copy all system/user data from Ext 21 (which has it on) to 23 to no avail.

To top if off, of course Nortel/Norstar/whatever doesn't bother to call it Ringing Line Preference, so looking it up in a manual is a PITA. Anyone know off the top of their head what it is I'm missing? I believe it's a little CICS Norstar.

if it is the succession system, and you are in OTM, check out SCR under features i will see if i can pinpoint which exact feature it is...

these are the only services we set on our phones besides prime DN and CPND HFA Allow Handsfree CFHA Allow Call forward hunt HTA Allow hunting CFXA Allow call forward external MWA Allow message waiting btw, did you set Prime DN???? maybe that is why it doesnt pick up.

ugh, fucking HS doesnt play very well with firefox, i cant edit posts because none of the integrated buttons work and my formatting is all off as you can see...

None of them have prime DNs on. The programming in this switch (which differs between the succession, CICS, and MICS systems), just has Line 1, 2, and 3 ring & appear which they're both programmed as... Everything is set exactly the same between 21 and 23, this is why I'm stumped. lol

Apparently neither am I. I usually have a handle on the Nortels, but this one threw me through a loop. Spent 45 minutes only to not even find it.

Back