1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nos

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by punx04, Jan 23, 2003.

1. punx04

punx04 Member

i have a crx stock si engine d series and i want to nos it do i have to build the bottom end?

2. vtecnitrocrx

vtecnitrocrx Junior Member

Stock motor will handle up to a 70 shot i know for sure. Only thing you may want to get is a FPR. Other than that, just start with a simple dry kit from NOS (I prefer it), use the 50 jet to start. It is about a six hour install and your off and runnin mid 14's easy.

3. punx04

punx04 Member

fpr? .wut is that?wut about the zex kit because i was thinking of building the head and just getting some rings for the bottom is that smart?

4. chevy302dz

chevy302dz Senior Member

FPR= Fuel Pressure Regulator. How big of a shot are you looking to run because it makes a big difference?

5. T0mMuNi$m

T0mMuNi$m Senior Member

oh ya depends what shot most importantly, and no a stock d16 wont handle a 70 shot.....for long. Timing needs to be retarded and i would suggest building the bottom end.But since this is a swap site im sure everyone will agree to go for the cheaper B-series swap for a better money/power ratio.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted