Not running right Help !!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fixed4 life

I have a 91 da and the car will start but if i turn the lights or ac on it dies. Also my gas gauge does not work and the temp gauge goes straight to hot. If i turn the signal lights on it makes the temp gauge bounce back and forth also. If i drive it the speedometer goes back and forth and does not work correctly. Also the stereo will not work and the windshield wipers dont get full power. This all started when my power seat belt control box (located on the passenger side by your feet) started making a wierd noise and started smoking or thats where i saw smoke come from. I dont know where to start to trouble shoot the problem. I checked all the fuses and tried to look for burnt wiring but no luck so far.

if it was smoking you fried something in the box, first start by replacing the box to see if it fixes any of your problems. Also check the power wire leading to the box to make sure there are no slices in the wire casing, thats very important!! you usually don't get smoke unless you cross a hot and a ground connection

still need help

I replaced the altenator and the battery but still have an issue car fire ups and idles fine but as soon as i turn the lights on it will draw power from the battery and cause the car to die I am able to drive the car but while i drive it acts up if i use the ac signal lights it will take power from the battery and the gauges act funny like my temp gauge will move if i use any of the acc. should i take out my dash and check all the wires? any help would be appreciated

check your Vacum Lines in your TB same stuff happen to me it was my acum lines an a a/c line and 3 fuses

Back