Note To Self

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRX-YEM

Super Moderator
VIP
when using a belt sander wear eye protection.

I had to go to the damn er do have a small piece or Stainless Steel removed from my eye today.

I got :owned: by the beltsander . I'm such a :fucktard:

Safety is no accident. I wear safety glasses all the time when I'm working on something, unless I'm above it and it's not going to shower me with some sort of fluid or material.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 10 2003, 06:54 PM
you also wear a helmet when drinking too....

...And I've never been hurt! When I smoke weed, I'm sporting my full leathers, full face (so I can hot box), gloves and boots.

Yem....from now on...be carefull of CT scan's.....

i feel your pain man. i got shot in the eye with a bb gun like 2 years ago just fucking around. eye filled with blood, went to hospital, blood slowly got out of eye, blood in my eye fucked up my lens, had to go into the OR for cataract surgery. im now left with 20/40 vision in my right eye and ive lost the ability to focus on that eye really. i can still see pretty good, but its all blurry and i cant see much detail unless its REALLY big, lol. basically my right eye handles the depth perception part while my left eye takes care of the detail.

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Aug 10 2003, 10:00 PM

I had to go to the damn er do have a small piece or Stainless Steel removed from my eye today.

you're lucky man. if it wasn't metal they woulda had to dig around in there. did they just grab it with a magnet? :eek:

Originally posted by sleepergtx+Aug 10 2003, 08:22 PM-->
Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Aug 10 2003, 10:00 PM

you're lucky man. if it wasn't metal they woulda had to dig around in there. did they just grab it with a magnet? :eek:

they couldn't of just grabbed it with a magnet it was Stainless Steel which is non-magnetic. They had to put theses numbing drops in my eye and fish it out with a really fucking tiny hyperdermic needle.

92CivicCx
@Aug 10 2003, 06:21 PM
did they put thos eye drops the fuck your eyes up in

Yeah I had the foreign object removed at like 2:00pm and my eye is still all dialated.

i'm sorry to hear that man, gives me the creeps just hearing about it.

about 2 years ago my dog bit me in the eye, his tooth went through my eyelid but i got real lucky it didn't do any damage to my eye ball. now my eyes are different sizes because my eyelid don't fold in right.

stainless steel flying and goes in your eyeball > husky attacking you.

shut up with all the "you should have be more careful and wear safety equipment" hindsight bias bs. the accident's already happend and i'm sure no body wanted it to happen.

i've always thought the worse type of pain'd be a paper cut in the eye. now there's....stainless steel in the eye. OUCH sorry bro!

That sucks man, atleast you didn't lose your vision. People don't really think about eyewear until something shitty like this happens.

The worst par tis my saftey glasses were sitting right next to the bench top belt sander, and I'm like ow this will be really quick. hence why I call myself a fucktard for not being more careful and preventing an accident that shouldn't of happened.

also on a lighter note, I'm sittin there in the er room with a patch over my eye waitin for the nursre to come give me a tetnus (sp?) shot so i can leave and a mess nurse comes in thru the room to get something, looks at me and says oops, I answer her "always wear your saftey glasses" gave her a goog dut chukle.

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Aug 10 2003, 10:54 PM
also on a lighter note, I'm sittin there in the er room with a patch over my eye waitin for the nursre to come give me a tetnus (sp?) shot so i can leave and a mess nurse comes in thru the room to get something, looks at me and says oops, I answer her "always wear your saftey glasses" gave her a goog dut chukle.

was she cute?

Back