Nothing like getting a ticket for a factory wing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wow, i wonder what his explanation to the judge is gonna be explaining why he ticketed someone for a stock part...

you cant get a plain evo sales brochure. you have to get the complete lancer one. sucks that the evo only gets one page, though. the other lancers get a few each.

the new ralliart lancer comes with a 2.4L mivec motor. :)

My sister has a lancer, i fuckin hate that car. That shit is slow (not what you's think a Lancer would be) and feels like the rear end is gonna come out....and it's fwd.

No she doesn't have an EVO or Ralliart. It's that fuckin ES model. Not to mention the new ones are the ugliest ones made, they fucked up the whole design with those damn headlights.

It does have a nice pull on the highway and I got it to do 140 with about 600 rpm left till redline.

Alot of the EVO guys get tickets for the stock exhaust too. It's not that it's too loud, but they've got a fairly decent-sized tip on them.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Sep 7 2004, 10:47 AM
My sister has a lancer, i fuckin hate that car. That shit is slow (not what you's think a Lancer would be) and feels like the rear end is gonna come out....and it's fwd.

No she doesn't have an EVO or Ralliart. It's that fuckin ES model. Not to mention the new ones are the ugliest ones made, they fucked up the whole design with those damn headlights.

It does have a nice pull on the highway and I got it to do 140 with about 600 rpm left till redline.
[post=386908]Quoted post[/post]​

the ES sucks. period. 7th gen lancers are ass ugly. yup. they rounded everything off. what makes you think the cheapest lancer with the smallest motor would be fast? think... civic dx. you can attribute the oversteer to the crappy tires it sells with, or what she put on.

ive driven all of the 04 models and i wasnt impresed with the ES, LS (comes in only auto now what a rip) or OZ rally. the Ralliart had some good go to it - the handling was much improved also.

Getting a ticket for an OEM wing is just rediculous. If that were me I would most certainly file a complaint with the police department and also file a lawsuit for harassment as well as compensation for the days of work I would have to miss going to court and trying round up all the information I would need to prove the wing is perfectly legal and comes like that directly from the factory.

Also getting tickets for stock exhaust would get me even more heated. I drive around with a GReddy EVO exhaust on one of my Si's and I carry an ad for the GReddy EVO that I found on the back of a "ModifiedMag" that says it meets California decibel requirements just incase I ever do get pulled over.

Some cops can be really cool and some even stop to talk cars with my friends and I. One even wanted to know what he could do to his Miata to get a little more power out of it. But the cop that pulled this guy in his EVO VIII for a stock wing just seems like a total ass. :thumbsdown:

Some police dept's are starting to carry books with 'em that point out modifications (the one I've seen has a kitted Lude on the front of it). All they do is look in that book and it's... wing, check... modified exhaust... check.

Now where are these guys when Mustangs and trucks roll by with straight exhausts that rumble my apartment's walls? I'm not trying to be like some rice kid, but they DO single out imports. I had a cop at a gas station completely ignore a loud ass stang but start following me... and I drive an 86 Accord!!!! Yeah... pavement rippling power there.

Things like this are going to bring it more into the light.

Well heres a BS fact...

In the state of maryland you cannot mod your car AT ALL however if you own a mustang you can change the exhaust! no other car but a mustang. reason being it has something to do with the motor.... I have no idea maybe because the police departments use the same motors in their cars... I know this from being around to many cops even some that hate mustangs.

As far as the wing goes I see nothing wrong with him giving the guy a ticket only becuase he lacks the knowledge of what new cars come with from the factory.

I bet his book from a few years ago says that a car CANNOT have a wing that sticks up over X many inchs and in the EVO case it does!

The ticket will be droped and I doubt the cop will ever issue that ticket again for the EVO. will the judge rag on the cop for giving him a ticket? NO will the police station rag on him? NO

why? becuase most of the people (yes even cops) DO NOT know the differance from a EVO to base line Civic sedan.

If you guys want I'm sure we could work on a program police officers can take once a year to learn about every new make and model car also we could request that police stations hand out new updated books on what cars can and cannot have things changed on.

sure it might cost more tax dollars but thats what we want right?

Amazing they can tell me what I can and cannot do to my own property.

fight the ticket in court, come preparred, with information, receipts, all that jazz, and hopefully the cop won't show up, even if he does you should be able to take him. He is wasting your time - now its time to waste his.

cops are ghey.

i got a ticket for my exaust being too loud and my car wasn't even on...i was freaking standing next to it for like 15 min before the cops rolled up.

Originally posted by TDaddy@Sep 7 2004, 06:56 PM
cops are ghey.

i got a ticket for my exaust being too loud and my car wasn't even on...i was freaking standing next to it for like 15 min before the cops rolled up.
[post=387253]Quoted post[/post]​

:owned:

that sucks, hehe

There is no way they can prosecute that charge if it is factory, back in the day my friend got a ticket for his tinted windows which is how the car came from the dealer. Long story short he got off he just had to prove it came on the car from the dealer.

like I said........take it to court, chances are the cop won't show, if he does then the judge will realize the cop was FUBAR, and if you don't live in mississippi, you'll be fine.

Back