1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Now I'm Fucking Pissed...

Discussion in 'Computers, Games, Electronics etc' started by EGProject, Apr 7, 2006.

1. EGProject

EGProject YEEEEAAHHHHH

Okay, if anyone remembers about 4 months ago my HD in my Dell 600m crapped out and I lost everything on it, internal failure was to blame and the drive just flat-out crashed. I was pissed, but I got a new drive and moved on. I'm smarter this time and I backup all my school files and music on my home PC, but I don't really worry too much about the lappy because it has a new HD.

Right.

Last night, just chilling in my room, my comp locks up and I reboot it. HD is running, but making a strange noise - the Dell loading bar in the boot screen gets almost all the way full, and then out pops a message saying that I need to enter my HDD password for the drive, and that I cannot access any information on the drive unless I enter it. I never setup my HD password, nor do I know what it is.

WTF? I'm calling Dell support as it is, trying to get the password but I doubt it will do anything. This is HD #2.

What the hell went wrong? I'm not rough with the computer and its not an internal error. I defragged a few days ago and I run all the lastest virus and firewall software.

Fucking Dell.

[/rant]

2. Battle Pope

Battle Pope New Member

That pretty much sums it up.

If you buy a turd, eventually it starts to stink.

3. Citizen_Insane

Citizen_Insane Senior Member

dell uses maxtor drives. maxtor = cheap shit. theres your problem.

4. EGProject

EGProject YEEEEAAHHHHH

Believe me, if I had had a choice in getting a laptop I would've not gotten a Dell. But I didn't pay for it, so I guess a shitty Dell is better than no computer at all.

5. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

bring it over this weekend :) we'll get on it. we still need to swap stuffs anyways.

6. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

"Dude, you got screwed"

Dell sucks. Sorry man.

7. JDMPlaya

JDMPlaya Senior Member

yea and good luck, you will probably be on the phone for 230239048 hours before you get an answer

8. EGProject

EGProject YEEEEAAHHHHH

After 2 hours on the phone with some stupid Indian woman, it was decided that I need a new HD and mobo....

[​IMG] I believe it was my HD that I stated in my problem. Regardless, that's great - I'm not paying for it.

However, Dell being the most awsome people they are don't do service calls on weekends. Therefore they decide that a technician will call me Monday and schedule an appointment to fix it at my college.

Fuck this shit. They can't eve guarentee that they will have it fixed on Monday.

So, what I'm doing tonight is shopping for an IDE HD for my lappy. I'll throw it in tomorow and install windows on it. When the tech does decide to get his ass in gear I'll swap in the shitty HD. He replaces the mobo and HD and goes on his way. I now have 2 HD's, one of which I can sell on EGay or someting. Maybe I'll give one to Chris for $20.

This sounds dumb, but I'm doing it because I need to. It may be a waste of $120, but I use my laptop for schoolwork and other things and I'm not about to go 3-4 school days with no computer.

<span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%">Fuck Dell</span>

9. TurboMirage

ill give you 20 depending on how big it is :)

10. High_Rolling_Civic

High_Rolling_Civic Member

yeah, im sure thats what she said.

JP :p

That sucks man. ive never had a dell in my life, but my friends family has them and they break half the time and dont work the other half. Good luck with whatever you do.

11. TurboMirage

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted