Now what happened to my d16z6?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hexen

Okay here is the deal.

I have a 94 Civic EX with ~165k miles.

It runs great, haven't had any major problems ever.
Just this last weekend I went to Kragen, when I came out the check engine light came on in the parking lot and the car died when I stoped.

Started the car back up, no light. Car ran fine.

Just now I went to Safeway to get a sandwich, no problems.
I come out, car does NOTHING.

I turn the key into aux and the lights will come on, door beep works, lights on the dash come on but stereo doesn't.

Turn they key to start the motor, nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Whats your thoughts?

No, no crank at all.

If I pop it into Aux II all the dash lights come on bright, when I click over to start I hear a little popish clunk sound.

If I go straight from Off to Start, it doesn't even do that, and the dash lights come on very dim.

I've had the coil in the distributor go bad before.

But if I remember correctly... it cranked but never turned over when that was the problem.

Come on guys... someone give me hand here.

I read up a bit on search and people have said it could be:

PGMFI Relay
Ignition Switch
Distributor Ignitor
Fuses

Think?

I'm going to see if I can't get the code when I go back over to Safeway where the car is. But I don't think most of those problems I listed throw specific codes.

rule out the rmain relay. Is that the same as the pgmfi? If it is rule it out because the car will stilll crank with that out. It might even *gasp be your distributor.

Anyone?

I'm about to go back and check the ECU, maybe get it towed home.
I hate having to use one of my AAA tows for like a 1 mile tow though.

Simple solution to a stupid problem.

There was corrosion on my positive battery terminal, I didn't even check before.

Cleaned it off, got a jump, and it's charging again.

Back