1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NuB A DuB Scrub Question

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by MJ93Hatchback, Jul 15, 2008.

1. MJ93Hatchback

MJ93Hatchback New Member

I have a JDM b16a sir-2 that will be delivered tomorrow ordered from Hmotorsonline...they suggest replacing the tension pulley, water pump, rotor and spark plug wires, You can't get any of those at your local autoparts store can you? and if not where could I get them?

2. wikedeye

wikedeye Well-Known Member

You should be able to get them from an auto parts store or your local honda dealership...Just out of curiosity why do you have to replace all that, and did you get a discount for the damages.

3. Bkkfarang

Bkkfarang New Member

yes you should be able to ge t all at your local auto parts store . companies say you should do these things because its easy to do out side of the car and a bitch to do in the car and they are some of the first thing that fail on high milage engines , or engines that have been run hard , i would also replace the timming belt while your at it .

4. BrokenRex

BrokenRex New Member

for a obd1 b16, which is what you bought, all of those parts you can buy for a 95 del sol vtec. it has an identical obd1 b16. buy the timing belt, water pump and timing belt tensioner at the bare minimum. you'll wish you had once you have the thing in and realize honda replaces all these every 60k miles.

5. MJ93Hatchback

MJ93Hatchback New Member

yeah timing belt was up there too, and I guess it's like he brokenrex said. .. and I read that you can buy them for a 95 del sol vtec, I just wasn;t sure because i though del sol's were sohc and with me having a dohc I figured that wouldn't work...and would that be better than just saying i need these things for a b-series

6. wikedeye

wikedeye Well-Known Member

They offered a b16 in the del sol as well.

7. MJ93Hatchback

MJ93Hatchback New Member

yeah that's what my buddy said when I was talking to him about it...cool cool...but yeah thanks for the responses :thumbsup:

8. BrokenRex

BrokenRex New Member

yeah, when i said "del sol vtec" i meant the model, not that you could buy one for any vtec del sol. the del sol "vtec" would be like saying civic "Si"
    meaning it's the model with the b16

9. MJ93Hatchback

MJ93Hatchback New Member

yeah got all of the parts yesterday picking them up today and and it will be going in within the next day or so, ill make a thread about it asap

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted