nucs and aliens caused the tsunami

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I think I read somewhere that militant Islamics were blaming the Christians because it happened to close to the Christmas holidays. As if we didn't think they were crazy enough...

watch man,the government is shady as hell, i would not be surprised if aliens existed....remember in the news not to long ago there were lights over Mexico, wut ever happened to that...it was actually on every news station live, then it suddenly blew over... not there are lights always appearing in the sky..

i mean look how vast the universe is, and there is probally more universes because just one big bang is unlikly, so who knows

EDIT:...im high....

im high too. Think about it, the sun is a star..there are billions of stars out there, chances are there is atleast ONE other planet like ours occupied with species maybe more advanced than us..

"Conspiracy theorists see dark forces behind tsunami disaster"

The force is strong with the Jedi
never underestimate it's powers

im high too. Think about it, the sun is a star..there are billions of stars out there, chances are there is atleast ONE other planet like ours occupied with species maybe more advanced than us..

Every think that We are the advanced species

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Jan 7 2005, 04:25 PM
[post=442659]Quoted post[/post]​

What you are looking for is the Drake Equation.

N = N* fp ne fl fi fc fL

The equation can really be looked at as a number of questions:

N* represents the number of stars in the Milky Way Galaxy

Question: How many stars are in the Milky Way Galaxy?
Answer: Current estimates are 100 billion.

fp is the fraction of stars that have planets around them

Question: What percentage of stars have planetary systems?
Answer: Current estimates range from 20% to 50%.

ne is the number of planets per star that are capable of sustaining life

Question: For each star that does have a planetary system, how many planets are capable of sustaining life?
Answer: Current estimates range from 1 to 5.

fl is the fraction of planets in ne where life evolves

Question: On what percentage of the planets that are capable of sustaining life does life actually evolve?
Answer: Current estimates range from 100% (where life can evolve it will) down to close to 0%.

fi is the fraction of fl where intelligent life evolves

Question: On the planets where life does evolve, what percentage evolves intelligent life?
Answer: Estimates range from 100% (intelligence is such a survival advantage that it will certainly evolve) down to near 0%.

fc is the fraction of fi that communicate

Question: What percentage of intelligent races have the means and the desire to communicate?
Answer: 10% to 20%

fL is fraction of the planet's life during which the communicating civilizations live

Question: For each civilization that does communicate, for what fraction of the planet's life does the civilization survive?
Answer: This is the toughest of the questions. If we take Earth as an example, the expected lifetime of our Sun and the Earth is roughly 10 billion years. So far we've been communicating with radio waves for less than 100 years. How long will our civilization survive? Will we destroy ourselves in a few years like some predict or will we overcome our problems and survive for millennia? If we were destroyed tomorrow the answer to this question would be 1/100,000,000th. If we survive for 10,000 years the answer will be 1/1,000,000th.

When all of these variables are multiplied together when come up with:

N, the number of communicating civilizations in the galaxy.

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Jan 7 2005, 02:37 PM
"Conspiracy theorists see dark forces behind tsunami disaster"

The force is strong with the Jedi
never underestimate it's powers

Every think that We are the advanced species
[post=442666]Quoted post[/post]​

How could we be the advanced spices we still act on socioreligious instincts, we kill for the sake of killing and we wage war for pleasure and based on foolish beliefs. Do you really think we are the advanced species? We are held back every day as a species because of moral belief’s and stigmas associated with some current lines of research.

I know exactly what caused it. I hung my ass off the side of a boat over the holidays and took a giant shit.

What a bunch of tards. :roll:

For each civilization that does communicate, for what fraction of the planet's life does the civilization survive?
Answer: This is the toughest of the questions. If we take Earth as an example, the expected lifetime of our Sun and the Earth is roughly 10 billion years. So far we've been communicating with radio waves for less than 100 years. How long will our civilization survive? Will we destroy ourselves in a few years like some predict or will we overcome our problems and survive for millennia? If we were destroyed tomorrow the answer to this question would be 1/100,000,000th. If we survive for 10,000 years the answer will be 1/1,000,000th.

There is a huge problem with the drake equation, It is based on the assumption that a species once it has evolved to a level of communication, (the written word or the spoken word count), Now look at earth we as a species have seen life come and go over the last 3000+ years even further back we have evidence of intelligent and advanced civilizations. Now what is to say on plant x life has not evolved completely different from ours? That life has existed for millennia and continues to exist. Now the next big question is why only count the Milky Way? Spaces extends forever, so does that not mean that the number of possible planets is endless.

Mount st. helens was a nuke too.

Come on...

This last century has seen the biggest rise in earthquakes ever. Welcome to the planet we live on.

there was a show on the science channel the other night about all this alien lifeform, number of stars in the sky and moon landing conspiracies. i thought it was cool

copy / paste whores....

Drake equation > that me elementry mathematic skills

Originally posted by Blanco@Jan 8 2005, 10:41 PM
As a side note, I also feel that extraterrestrials are the "missing link" between man and primate. The reason for their visits is to check up on their creations. This would be the "grey" alien. Others, I believe, are scouts.
[post=443192]Quoted post[/post]​

I also have this same belief. They are continuously here checking up on us and have been watching us for as long as humans have kept records. I think the US government always covers aliens up because they are afraid of the public response to it and because they receive technology from the aliens as well. The government records on extraterrestrials/UFOs are the most top-secret of any documents that exist. I read something before that not even the President can get access to it, and that Regan, George Bush, and Clinton all had tried and failed to get access to the files and records.

According to the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:

"Population [of the Universe]: None.

It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the products of a deranged imagination."

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Jan 9 2005, 07:25 AM
tommy lay off the crack
[post=443244]Quoted post[/post]​

Or pass it.

There are no aliens, we don't exist, this is all a dream, and when you die is when you wake up and realize that.

Originally posted by TommyTheCat@Jan 8 2005, 10:52 PM
According to the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:

"Population [of the Universe]: None.

It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the products of a deranged imagination."
[post=443234]Quoted post[/post]​

Right on.

Best post of this thread.

Originally posted by allmotord16rex+Jan 9 2005, 12:45 AM-->
@Jan 8 2005, 10:41 PM
As a side note, I also feel that extraterrestrials are the "missing link" between man and primate. The reason for their visits is to check up on their creations. This would be the "grey" alien. Others, I believe, are scouts.
[post=443192]Quoted post[/post]​

I also have this same belief. They are continuously here checking up on us and have been watching us for as long as humans have kept records. I think the US government always covers aliens up because they are afraid of the public response to it and because they receive technology from the aliens as well. The government records on extraterrestrials/UFOs are the most top-secret of any documents that exist. I read something before that not even the President can get access to it, and that Regan, George Bush, and Clinton all had tried and failed to get access to the files and records.
[post=443233]Quoted post[/post]​

Naah. Alien teenagers grab the keys to dad's ship, grab a few friends and have fun by flying low near sparsely populated ares and get a few laughs putting on green masks and constantly saying "Take me to your leader". Then they make doodles on the surface, much like graffiti on the side of a building.

First contact will more than likely be the embarassed and angry parents coming to apologize for their children.

Back