numerous questions: b18b obd2b into 97 hx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

matt g

ok, buying a 2000 b18b soon and im putting it in my 97 hx. can i use the stock hx harness although its configured for 5 wire o2 sensors? ive been hearing that using the obd2a ex harness is the best bet. if i do wind up using the obd2a ex harness, can i convert to an obd1 p75(will be using uberdata) via the conversion harness and not have issues with the immobilizer and the fuel tank pressure sensor thingy? how does this work with the iacv? im pretty sure the ex harness uses the same amount of wires as the b18b motor does, correct? is the hx harness(if i can use it) the same as the ex for the iacv wiring, or is it similar to the dx where i have to rewire? i would like to retain the stock hx wiring if at all possible, but if its much easier to use the ex one, ill switch over. thanks for taking time to read all my jibberish(got a bad tendancy to write alot)

Originally posted by matt g@Aug 19 2004, 11:11 PM
ok, buying a 2000 b18b soon and im putting it in my 97 hx. can i use the stock hx harness although its configured for 5 wire o2 sensors? ive been hearing that using the obd2a ex harness is the best bet. if i do wind up using the obd2a ex harness, can i convert to an obd1 p75(will be using uberdata) via the conversion harness and not have issues with the immobilizer and the fuel tank pressure sensor thingy? how does this work with the iacv? im pretty sure the ex harness uses the same amount of wires as the b18b motor does, correct? is the hx harness(if i can use it) the same as the ex for the iacv wiring, or is it similar to the dx where i have to rewire? i would like to retain the stock hx wiring if at all possible, but if its much easier to use the ex one, ill switch over. thanks for taking time to read all my jibberish(got a bad tendancy to write alot)
[post=379474]Quoted post[/post]​

I would convert to OBD1 right from the start, even though I have abosolutely no clue how to, I'd learn.

There's no need for the EX harness to put in a non vtec motor, use your cars, basic directions for o2 sensors are in the articles section.

what about the stock civic radiator hoses? i hear that ill need to replace the upper and lower with the integra ones, cause the civic ones are too small in diameter or something. anyone have truth in this?

Matt.. I just swapped a 96 Teg Non-vtec B18B1 into my 98 Civic "HX" with the five wire o2 sensor. I tried to rewire it using the Honda book as a guide but one of the wires that goes to a junction block I couldn't figure out. I got around it by purchasing a 96 "DX" wiring harness and changed out few connectors like on the fuel injectors.. and I've had zero issues and no engine codes running the 97 Teg computer.. no jumper harness. I did try to rewire the "HX" but just wasted my time, so I tried the obd1 skunk2 jumper harness which will not pass car care. Just my 2 cents.

Back