o2 codes after swap!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

texasborn81

i swapped a d16z6 into a 93 dx 4dr which had d15b7...i am using a p06 and dx harness...car seems to be running ok but i have been messing with the check engine light light since the swap. i am going to swap ecu's once i find one (p28) and run wires for vtec (i had the z6 rebuilt before dropping it in, i want to break it in properly so that's why i am not wired for vtec...keeps me from getting tempted to play!) i have 2 codes..1 and 14 i have a new o2 sensor but still same codes, i also have a surging problem that i am trying to work out, i have 3 iac's that i am cleaning and swapping out to test which works best. could the codes be related to the p06? how different are the p28 and p06 fuel maps...will i notice a difference once i swap them....thanks for any help i get!

there is a huge difference in the ecu's. i ran my z6 on a p06 for a day before i got mine and it was a dog. if it still isnt broken in yet i would wait til you get the p28 since the maps are a lot different

Last edited:
have you tried a new o2 or checked the wires? i used my old o2 sensor and it worked fine

Back