O2 sensor heater???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hatukazi

ambitious...but rubbish
my header had a leak so I changed manifolds to one I took off a crashed EX while I fixed my header, I had noticed that on the EX manifold the O2 sensor read off two pipes and my header only read off one.

the CEL started on the EX header, then I switched back to mine after 2 days and the CEL didn't stop, checked and got a code 41 primary O2 heater, both O2's worked fine until removed, do they go bad if you unplug them? or is there another circuit I can check for this problem,I might be trading my del-sol for a 91 civic Si and I don't want to hand over a broken car, I also dont have $80 ATM for a new O2 sensor.

also wondering if my VTEC is still working with this code showing, it doesn't seem to drive any different and since it's a SOHC VTEC, I can't be sure if it works or not.

Last edited:
If you remove power to the heater and leave the sensor in the exhaust stream, it will go bad.

so, if it's not bad now, it soon will be completly FUBAR.

maybe I could hardwire power to the heater element?
I assume both black wires are grounds, so is white or grreen the heater?
both sensors worked fine before I took them off, and I carefully unplugged them, I am at a loss to explain how they both went bad.

The white is either the heater power or heater ground. Man, I never knew that about leaving it in the exhaust stream and not hooked up. That really sucks. Is code 41 upstream or down stream. I have been buying my o2 sensors on ebay for a while. They wrok good for me.

Back