O2 Sensor Problems, '97 Civic Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

redricegti

Ok, kinda a not so awesome swap, But my girlfriend just bought a '97 Civic HX that some moron swapped a DX motor into.

The O2 sensor is bad and we have to replace it, but it is a 7-wire O2 sensor just for the HX engine, no one swapped any wiring or anything when the DX motor went in apparently. So I need to figure out what to do about this o2 sensor, the thing is $500 even from the autoparts store.

Can someone tell me which wire is the actual o2 signal wire in that bunch of 7 wires? I am guessing I can just put a universal BOSCH Sensor in and hook it up singal wire.

Please someone have an answer for me that doesn't include doing another motor swap, we can do that down the road, but not for another 6-12 months and it runs too aweful to let this go that long.

Let me know some options guys.

theres no such thing as a 7-wre o2.

hx's are 5, dx/ex/lx are 4

depedning on what computer is on the car, you need to match the proper o2 to the computer.

pop open the pssenger side kick panel, the ecu is under there. get the code. it should read something like:
123456-P2P-A123

or something like that. the middle 3 chars are what counts.

grab that, then go to our reference section
and put a car to it.
https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29826

Back