1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

o2 sensor problems.

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by highperboi, Oct 27, 2004.

1. highperboi

highperboi Senior Member

My car throws code 1 which is defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor. I replaced the o2 sensor with one of those bosch universal ones and im pretty sure i wired it right. I cleared the code and it went away for awhile. Then it came back like a few days later. I checked the wires and they seemed okay so i cleared the code again. And then today it came on again. Does anyone know what could be wrong?

2. 92civicb18b1

92civicb18b1 The Trisexual

loose connections

3. highperboi

highperboi Senior Member

i was doing some experiments today and i unplugged my o2 sensor and turned the car and it doesnt throw a check engine. i thought it was my ecu cuz i just got hondadat put on it but i plugged in my other ecu which is a p28 and did the same test and the check engine light didnt go on. what could be wrong? also when it throws a code 1 and i turn off the car and turn it on again is the code supposed to go away? cuz mine does and i dont know when the code will go back on again it just goes off randomly.

4. highperboi

highperboi Senior Member

anyone else got any ideas still got the problem.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted