O2 sensor splicing, 1 to 2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

word

I am only running 1 O2 sensor right now on my 96 b16, since I am running without the cat I only have 1 bung for O2 sensor.

As I've learned in another thread from Pills, missing a O2 sensor signal gives me fuel delivery problems around 3000 rpm under partial throttle, my question is this:

Can I splice the O2 sensor wires so the ecu gets the same reading for the 1st O2 sensor at the end of the exhaust manifold and the 2nd on the cat?

People running dummy cats have 2 o2 sensors but I'd imagine they get pretty much the same o2 levels. Has anyone done this or is there a problem with the ecu seeing a certain amount of ohms/amps/volts (i am an electrical idiot)?

thanks.

I did it for alittle while on my EF B16 but I then added two O2 sensors later cause I don't like half-ass stuff like that. I'm running 3 O2 sensors on my 91' HB with a B16 Reason is @ for the stock ECU and the other is so my A/F gauge has it's own sesnor to read... not hard if you have the right tools and know how-to weld. BUT you car is OBD2 if I remember and they usually act funny or throw false codes if you do this but try it and see what happens worse cause just buy a new O2 Bung , drill a hole in your exhaust , weld it and just add a second one on. With the right tools and a car lift NOT a hand jack it only took me about 15 minutes to add O@ sensors. Longest part really was preping the metal to be welded.

lsvtecef9: did the splicing work?

the hondata site basically said the missing is from wiring 1 o2 sensor into 2, but I am running a p28, does anyone know if it'll work on it? the site is on pw0/pr3.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

it won't work on OBD2 - The ECU is expecting to receive differing readings. Your best option is to convert to OBD1 so you don't need the post-cat O2.

Dnag never thought off that but I was kind of right with it not working since it's OBD2... OBD2's are funny and waay too technical for doing mod.'s just convert to a OBD1 set-up. It worked on mine but I was running a OBD0 set-up at the time which doesn't act as wierd to certain things like a OBD2 does.

ya noob good solution spend a butt load of cash and time to convert your car to a diffrent obd? NO

add an o2 take it to a muffler shop have them weld it in 15 mins and 40 bucks later its done

Back