1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

O2 sensor stimulator

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by Akirazian, Oct 7, 2002.

1. Akirazian

Akirazian Banned

anyone know how to build one for OBD 1 for 92-95. I just installed a straight CAT so my CEL is on.

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

what car do you have? i have never seen a honda o2 sensor that plugs into the car. they are usually on the manifold either before the cat, or shortly after the head/manifold meet

3. slohnda

slohnda Senior Member

4. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

what code is it throwing because the 92-95 O2 sensor is before the cat on the exhaust manifold up high on d series and right on the collector of the exhaust manifold on the b series...
    i've never seen a 5th gen throw a code for that shit

5. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

thats what im saying-- the o2 isn't NEAR the cat...

unless its an dx/LX and like the cat is up high on the manifold... like almost aprt of the downpipe

6. Akirazian

Akirazian Banned

I have a JDM B16a SiR II in my 92 honda civic hb. I'm using my stock CX engine harness. Which i think is not a good idea. But it does plugs right in the JDM b16a motor and works properly. The only problem that the stock CX engine harness doesn't have is the VTEC, VTEC Oil pressure, knock sensor, and O2 sensor. I hooked up VTEC, VTEC Oil Pressure, and knock sensor. But the O2 sensor have 4 different wires. I dont know where the 4 wires lead to. I was told that if i use the 92-95 Civic Si engine harness. The problem of the O2 sensor would be solved. (Not sure, but does the Si engine harness have 02 sensor that can plug right into the B16a?) But it's too much trouble to take all the wirings out the engine. So i found a site that teaches me how to build my own O2 sensor stimulator. So instead i wouldn't have to change the engine harness to the Si. It's throwing out O2 sensor problem. Because the O2 sensor as of now is not hooked up.

7. Jeef

Jeef NO MA'AM Moderator VIP

With the o2 sensor just add the wires for the o2 sensor instead of ripping out your harness and putting a new one in.

8. chet

chet Senior Member

a friend of mine has done this before. i'm familiar with how to build this simple device...but he can tell you what to buy at radio shack. its like 15 dollars...

as far as the o2 sensor, it would be easiest to add the necessary wires.

email leon at j3rky@yahoo.com

9. Akirazian

Akirazian Banned

ok ok Jeff, I know two wires leads to the ECU but what about the other two wires?

10. Jeef

Jeef NO MA'AM Moderator VIP

I will get you the web page in a few days. I wont be around too much anymore, I hate my fucking job.

11. Akirazian

Akirazian Banned

Thanks alot Jeff. Just post the link up. Thanks!

12. Akirazian

Akirazian Banned

13. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

you need at least 1 O2 sensor, otherwise you car would run like crap. also, the only time there is a O2 sensor in the cat is on OBD2 cars/motors, which from what you said, you do not have... so this must be for your only O2 sensor? you should get it hooked up to the ecu, can you use your old O2 sensor from you old motor?

14. knowledge

knowledge Senior Member

I would say get a new O2 sensor. This way you can eliminate any problems that might arise.

15. Akirazian

Akirazian Banned

the problem is not the O2 sensor. The wires is not properly hooked up. Thats why the CEL is on.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted