ob0 89 zc in eg hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

slammedb18acivic

which distributor do i use, or how can i wire it to obd1. Also what kind of ecu do i use because obd0 doesnt plug in. Any other problems i should expect in this 94 eg hatch. thank you

i would totally not recommend doing this swap at all. you're in for a hell of a wiring night mare....

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 22 2005, 09:01 AM
i would totally not recommend doing this swap at all. you're in for a hell of a wiring night mare....
[post=558313]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid:
To me, and maybe only me, an 89 zc into a 94 hatch is like eating jellybeans with chop sticks.
Sorry i can't help beyond my lame, almost -criticism.

thanks for the reply, yeah its not my car some kid i know. ..bad thing is the motor is already in the car and i was just trying to do him a favor.. haha

if you didin't start it yet, don't. sell it to some dude with a 4th gen.

go to the junkyard and pick up a z6 for 300 bucks compelte

whats up buddy, i hear you with not doing the swap. personally never shouldve gotten involved.. haha. He does not want to take the motor out. Please help with any info you can give me on just to get it running properly. I currently have a p28 ecu which i was told will run the motor the best. What harness should i use?? ? All obd0 plud on motor will have to be wired to obd1 correct? ? Thank you for your time. and a propt response will be prime!

Originally posted by slammedb18acivic@Sep 22 2005, 05:02 PM
whats up buddy, i hear you with not doing the swap. personally never shouldve gotten involved.. haha. He does not want to take the motor out. Please help with any info you can give me on just to get it running properly. I currently have a p28 ecu which i was told will run the motor the best. What harness should i use?? ? All obd0 plud on motor will have to be wired to obd1 correct? ? Thank you for your time. and a propt response will be prime!
[post=558760]Quoted post[/post]​

wow, sorry you hang out with and help retards, but i guess we all do.
I'm just shooting into the night, but i would think that all the plugs would need to be rewired into obd1 for sure.
A p28 would probably be the best bet yes.
good luck man.

honestly, a p28 is not a good choice for that motor. i'd throw a p75 ls computer on it, and chip it to run a little less fuel with the displacement multiplier.

all electronics must match the ecu... so if you're using an obd1 ecu, you need an obd1 dizzy, vss, alt, injectors, remove the resistor box if its attached, and THEN play with everything that doesn't reach, line up, plug in, or remotely look the same.

you'll end up spending more money and a hell of a time... all because you're stuborn and initially tried to save a few bucks. in the end, its NEVER cheaper. it always costs more.

i have like 3 plugs left over on the harness and the car starts but doesnt stay running. the map sensor,coolant sensor on the thermostat houseing.. ,and the purge selenoid plug. do you know what im supposed to have left over. the zc doesnt have any of these.
Quoted post[/post]]
honestly, a p28 is not a good choice for that motor. i'd throw a p75 ls computer on it, and chip it to run a little less fuel with the displacement multiplier.

all electronics must match the ecu... so if you're using an obd1 ecu, you need an obd1 dizzy, vss, alt, injectors, remove the resistor box if its attached, and THEN play with everything that doesn't reach, line up, plug in, or remotely look the same.

you'll end up spending more money and a hell of a time... all because you're stuborn and initially tried to save a few bucks. in the end, its NEVER cheaper. it always costs more.

Back