OBD 0 or OBD 1 ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ereedca

I am putting a B18A1 in a DX hatch my question is the stamp on the head indicates it is a 1990 B18A1 do I need a OBD 0 ECU or a OBD 1 ECU.

set it up for the year of your hatch ie. if its 88-91 obd0 you want to use an obd0 ecu if your 92-95 you want to use an obd1 ecu the year of the motor dosent matter. make sure your injectors and dist. are the right year for you car. HAPPY TUNING

set it up for the year of your hatch ie. if its 88-91 obd0 you want to use an obd0 ecu if your 92-95 you want to use an obd1 ecu the year of the motor dosent matter. make sure your injectors and dist. are the right year for you car. HAPPY TUNING
WRONG!!!!
if your running an obd0 engine(you are) you can either run obd0 or obd1..
if you decide you want to run your obd0 motor in your obd0 car on obd1 electronics you have to change the ecu,dizzy and get a jumper harness(rywire,ebay,monotech, etc....
but you cant run an obd1 car on obd0 electronics...

so seeing how you posted in EF tech then i assume your hatch is 88-91..
you will have to wire your car for mpfi(check the referance section)
also if you decide to run obd1(recommended for greater tuning abilities)
then look into swap harness'

OBD0 is cheap and easy, but OBD1 will give you more tuning options down the road. You can use either.

I have obd0 in my 91 integra (currently sitting in the garage with a dead clutch...) and it has worked well for my purposes. Tuning is still pretty easy with an emulator and datalogging, although the hardware is not as impressive :)

Back