OBD 1 Intake?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95hatchcx

I recently purchased a b18 ls motor, i was getting ready to swap it into
my 1995 honda CX. I was using my stock CX harness because i was told it
would work and the only thing i would have to change is the 1 wire to 4 wire O2 sensor. I went to hook everything up and i noticed on the intake it did not have
the MAP sensor on the throttle body and also a EVAP purge control solenoid valve.
I think the whole intake manifold is from a OBD 0 car. I bought it from hmotorsonline and they told me they was going to convert a OBD2 to and OBD1 motor but i think they put the wrong intake on it!
The motor has PR-4 stamped on the intake what does that represent?
Could i just put a new throttle body on it? or do i need to change the whole intake?
Is the EVAP purge control solenoid valve necessary?

Throw your old obd1 map sensor somewhere on your firewall and run a vacuum line to it from your throttle body, problem solved.......... that or bolt your old throttle body on to your new intake.... which is like 2mm smaller or something... (little less power) but it still works alright.

So i can take the MAP sensor off of the 95 CX stock throttle body and mount it on my firewall and just run a vacuum line off of ls throttle body?

Originally posted by 95hatchcx@May 6 2004, 04:46 PM
So i can take the MAP sensor off of the 95 CX stock throttle body and mount it on my firewall and just run a vacuum line off of ls throttle body?

i don't think so, there is no way to run a vac line to that style of map. tell hmotors to send you the right shit.

just mount your current map on the firewall and run the line to the TB, there should be a liitle nipple for the vaccum line on the top of TB towards the front, this will get you up and running for now, this is how I have mine set up with no problems, then call steve and he will send you the firewall mounted map

Back