Obd 1 To Obd 2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Seth

I have been looking into getting a chip made for my car. I have a 1997 Acura Integra gs that is an automatic. I would like to know if that is a good idea. Second, I was told that the OBD 2 ecu can not be chipped and I would have to by a adapter harness and an OBD 1 ecu. Is that true? About how much do you think it would cost to do all of this? I thank you for your time and response.

obd2 ecu can be chipped by using a emulator for 28pins chip(most commonly available performance chips) Emulator is plugged onto the OBD2 ecu acting like a adapter which allows you to pin on the 28pins chip.
Or by using a OBD2-OBD1 wireharness, so you can use a OBD1 ecu which most chips can be applied on. You'll need a chip socket on the OBD1 ecu before you can plug in any performance chips. Desoldering and soldering needed on the ECU.
I have both emulator and wireharness. Write me at monzeecoco@yahoo.com.sg for more information, details and pictures.

obd2 ecu can be chipped by using a emulator for 28pins chip(most commonly available performance chips) Emulator is plugged onto the OBD2 ecu acting like a adapter which allows you to pin on the 28pins chip.
Or by using a OBD2-OBD1 wireharness, so you can use a OBD1 ecu which most chips can be applied on. You'll need a chip socket on the OBD1 ecu before you can plug in any performance chips. Desoldering and soldering needed on the ECU.
I have both emulator and wireharness. I also have performance chips made for your '97 Integra auto. Write me at monzeecoco@yahoo.com.sg for more information, details and pictures.

Back