OBD II b18c1 into 93 civic problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wangg125

Hey everyone,

I swapped in an OBD II b18c1 motor into my 93 Civic EX. I recently failed my BAR appointment due to the fact that I am using an OBD II intake manifold instead of one off an OBD I gsr. After installing the new manifold, I ran into some problems with running vacuum lines and a coolant line.

My problem with the vacuum lines is that one hoses from the EVAP control canister has no where to be connected to. It is supposed to be connected to a nipple on the throttle body, but it is missing on the OBD II throttle body I am using. Would there be another place to hook this hose up, or would i need to get a different throttle body?

3760872210_73134a2eae.jpg

Also, my problem with the coolant hoses is that on the OBD I intake manifold there is an extra nipple for a hose to go on, and it is supposed to connect to the throttle body. But because i am using an OBD II motor, there is no nipple on the thermostat housing that connects to the hardline next to the breather pipe. Could I use a T-fitting to connect all three lines together?

3760908768_789d0c077b.jpg

Is your new manifold JDM? Something sounds JDM b/c there's no evap purge solenoid from
intake manifold to charcoal canister. (JDM dont use it) USDM does use it in your car. You need
it to be BAR'd unless he don't look for it and you hide it (Mine is plugged with a screw)

I don't know for sure about the coolant lines but you could obviously get an OBD1 thermo
housing and t-off for the lines might work but then again the Ref might see it

I meant "OR you could t-off"
I would get an OBD1 manifold and thermo housing....or a CARB legal Skunk2

thanks! I have the EVAP purge solenoid plugged in already, but there is that other vacuum line that i just don't know where to hook it up to... It's that one hose that i pointed with an arrow in the first picture.

CAFROG, thanks for your help, i found the problem with the vacuum line. it looks like it was plugged by whoever owned the motor before i did. i just removed the screw and screwed in a barb fitting. thanks a lot.

Back