OBD II engine in OBD I car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92stoccord

Big Member
Sooo, I'm a little dumb to all this, but I'm tossing around the idea of a jdm 3 stage D15B into a del Sol, and I've looked around to see how to do it and every search I look at is OBD I motor into OBD II car... Does this simply mean I just have to change ecu, wire harness as well as the motor? Or is this extremely difficult and unlikely. I do want the 3 stage to work, so I'm not looking for a shortcut or something that will eliminate it.

Generally, you swap the electronics like the ecu, dist., alt, and possibly a few others down to obd1. I'm pretty sure there's an obd1 ecu to use too, which would make the 3-stage work.

Which is essentially an effort to prevent me from having to rewire the entire car? I know they made OBD II del Sols, but I'm going to have to root through a thousand 92-95's before I find a 96 or 97.

del sol never came with a 3-stage. thats a jdm only engine. i have next to no knolwedge on that one. you might have to source obd1 parts from japan. I don't know.
i don't see wy the dist, alt, or inejectors would matter though... it's mostly the ecu and vtec switch that matter.

Back